• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why do elves suck?

Why do elves suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odhanan

Adventurer
LOL thanks for the laugh, DJ! The choices in the poll cracked me up! Nice way to start the day, I tell you! :D

recentcoin

Explorer
Elves - The Other White Meat

Elves don't suck. You're not cooking them properly if you think that. They're lean, low in cholesterol, and have less calories than say, orc or other red meat. They're high in several essential amino acids. Free range elves are leaner than commercially raised ones, but they also tend to be bonier and less tender.

You should try a little olive oil and rosemary. A hot skillet and they sear up nice and tender.

If you don't like that, you could try crushing some whole black pepper, fresh flat leaf parsley, sage from the garden, fresh thyme, lemon basil, and coarse sea salt. Mix it into some of that really thick yogurt. Rub it all over the roast and pop it in the oven.

You might also try a spicy marinade - fresh ginger, lime juice, black pepper, cilantro, and some chillies. Soak over night and grill.

Kastil

Explorer
Demmero said:
I just happen to be wearing my tie-dyed Eric Cartman "It's all a bunch of tree-huggin' hippie crap" T-shirt. Guess how I voted ;)
Oh Dem? I forgot to tell you that you have to play an elf in my next campaign. :D
You get the Fornicate with Tree Feat free at first level!

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Elves don't nearly suck as bad as, say, trolls. Trolls have more sub-races than elves and dwarves combined (and that's a lot) and all of them are annoying. The hate troll subrace is among the worst. They should be exiled to the wizards boards. :lol:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Elvthes sthuck. :) Perchance it's because they can't hold their liquor...

I agree that "they're perfect and we're going to rub it in your face" situation of typical portrayal is what does it.

Attachments

• elves suck.jpg
    elves suck.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 82

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
GreatLemur said:
Have you seen 'em in game? They are fancy, prancy ladyboys.

Yeah. Blood Elfs make me wish I could freely attack fellow Horde characters.

I'm more tired of them than anything. I'm glad nobody took an elf in the latest D&D game. I think a campaign plot will be the Orcs nearly exterminating the elf nation of Celene and the near dissapearance of the Elf. I still want to use the plot point of Grummesh killing the elf main god.

Last edited:

Dark Jezter

First Post
Emirikol said:
Elvthes sthuck. :) Perchance it's because they can't hold their liquor...
One of the only things that annoyed me about the extended edition of The Return of the King was the scene where Legolas out-drinks Gimli. Elves should not be out-drinking dwarves. It's like an unwritten law or something.

Peter Jackson is such an elf fanboy. He even let himself get killed by Legolas in his cameo appearance. :)

frankthedm

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Yeah. Blood Elfs make me wish I could freely attack fellow Horde characters.

I'm more tired of them than anything.
Could you elaborate on these issues with the blood elves? I don't play WOW so I am unfamiliar with the particulars of theirs.

Though I can see it would be way too easy to make an Inu-yasha clone or 10 with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads