why do we....

Jeajea

First Post
evertide said:
sure this post will most likely get mixed responses or get me into trouble with the magi..

I sincerely hope not; this site is still far from a military dictatorship last time I checked. You're only expressing an opinion, right or wrong... can't be kicked out for that!

As to your suggestion that people are cliquish... I think that yes, people can be - but even IC that is sometimes actually more justifiable - who *would* your character go and talk to in a room full of people? Their friends, usually. What I don't think you'll find from most players is that, unless you catch them at a particularly intense moment of RPing, they would completely ignore you if you approached them. If you then also go so far as to try to talk to people who seem less busy, I really think you'll find a better reception that you've been getting so far. Of course, this is an issue frequently raised, so there must be something to it... and we, the older players, have to make sure as far as we can that we do things right, too.

Nothing else to say, except... I also agree whole-heartedly with everyone else's replies, and I hope you stick around to try again a few more times. If I see you, I'll be sure to make an effort to say hello.

Ruthia

First Post
I also think it depends on IC conditions at that point. Ruthia for example will talk to anyone who talks to her, as long as she isn't already in another conversation. Now yes there have been times were she hasn't talked to a new char who came up to her, but if asked OOC I'm more then willing to explain. She, like any normal person, has her days were she just wants to be left alone and allowed to drink in peace. *chuckles* As for storyline wise...Well I welcome anyone into it. Problem is most people can't keep up with the fast pace and the twist and turns the story takes. Or everyone veiws Ruthia as weak when it's really just the way the character is developing. *shrugs* But hey....Thats the way ISRP is, was, and always will be! *dances like a crazy fool*

Keon

First Post
Ummm...I guess I have a way of meeting people...if you count geting drunk and causing a bar fight a way of *meeting* people but heh, thats how Keon and Rammy met :). Usually my tactic is to sit back and wait until someone happens to look upon one of my caractors...which is usually when they notice said caractors in the croud...call me boring but meh, it works...sometimes. I'm not one for flashy and loud entrances so ya...thats my tactic. I hope I'm not the only one that does that... But ya, I'm one thats been around for atlest 4 years and I didn't have very many friends on Wizards so I had to make new ones on Enworld...and being a rather shy person in reality hasn't helped me out alot. But through hard long years of sitting in wait, my caractors have made a few friends...but I belive Sky's got the best tactic. Go out there and fight to make new friends, buy them a drink or hell, if your caractors abilites provide, entize them to talk to you by displaying an odd but interesting ability...the worked for me a few times. Or ya can be like Ru up there and dance around....that can get attention too....just remeber to have fun and feel comfy on how you approuch

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Pets Bhryn!

It's okay dear. It's just the ISRP-itus just beginning to take hold. Dont try and fight it, it only makes it worse.

And I have figured the bestest way to get people's attention!!! Drool over Ru's fancy dancing antics! (preferably on the floor.)

*drools, hopefully not all over Donny when she's getting hugged and all...although...* I'd better watch out, if that were Kyra, she might take it as a compliment.

Thamior

First Post
In response to Donny's offensive characters... we all have those, they're the fun ones. of course we have our sweet and cuddly and other wise cavity causing characters, the diversity is what makes it fun, further more don't take it too seriously folks, by the great gravey, if some one ignores you maybe it's their character not yours... it's a game folks have fun, chuckle chuckle ya'll.
but you want a good way to meet some one... just trip over them, make them laugh, and actually try hello, last I knew it was a good way to start a conversation.

Remember folks, it's all fun and games till some one gets hit with a pie, then it's comedy.
Chuckle chuckle ya'll

Remove ads