• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why do you discuss Pathfinder on ENWorld instead of Paizo.com?

Set

First Post
Having multiple areas to go to for information and or being able to comment in multiple areas is a good thing. Limiting yourself to only one area is like being a hermit.

What Nikmal said.

Over time, it seems that many boards get inbred, self-affirming and defined by groupthink. Hanging around two or three different messageboards (for D&D, I do ENWorld, Paizo and Giants In the Playground) helps to keep my options open. I don't want to get shut in and become part of a herd mentality, not even if it's a herd that I like. :)

jreyst

First Post
What Nikmal said.

Over time, it seems that many boards get inbred, self-affirming and defined by groupthink. Hanging around two or three different messageboards (for D&D, I do ENWorld, Paizo and Giants In the Playground) helps to keep my options open. I don't want to get shut in and become part of a herd mentality, not even if it's a herd that I like. :)

That's not a baaaaaah'd idea.

Zaister

Explorer
When I read the title of this thread this question immediately came to mind:

"Why do you discuss D&D on ENWorld instead of wizards.com?"

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Up until this new PF forum was introduced I felt increasingly unwelcome here. Now that's changed (happy, happy day) and I now post on both boards.

-DM Jeff

Serphet

First Post
Paizo's "meesage boards" are nothing mroe than an advanced commenting system. If it had better user-side management stuff (like getting a list of 'subscribed threads' with new content).

I comment on Paizo's occasionally, but it is painful to navigate.

Perhaps if there was a navigational sidebar when in "forum mode", and then allow users to bookmark favorite sections. Then allow thread subscriptions.

that would improve the paizo experience quite a bit.

SSquirrel

Explorer
I post at Paizo occasionally, but their forum software -- and its organization and configuration -- is just terrible. Hard to read, hard to use.

This has been said quite a bit, but it can't be said enough. During the alpha and beta period of Pathfinder, the attitude of the boards were certainly enough to keep me away as well. If you weren't gushing all over the new material you got tarred and feathered. Heaven forbid you don't agree with the direction of some of the material or thing one of the principle goals they claim was important got lost in the shuffle.

Not to say that ENWorlders don't get hyper defensive on things they like, we all can. But it was an awful mob mentality over there that made it no fun to post or read over there. I wasn't just bashing stuff to bash it, I was being constructive. Ahh well.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Regardless of why you are posting here, I just thought folks should know that we do read the boards over here and now that we have our own, new, swanky forum, I intend to try and post here a bit more frequently.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing
Cool!

We're a big fan of Paizo and Pathfinder, obviously. People should always feel free to use both boards as a resource, and let us know if for some reason EN World starts becoming less useful for Pathfinder discussion.

WesSchneider

First Post
Regardless of why you are posting here, I just thought folks should know that we do read the boards over here and now that we have our own, new, swanky forum, I intend to try and post here a bit more frequently.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing
I check the boards over here just to get away from Jason's constant yammer--oh. D@#$.

johnnype

First Post
The Paizo boards are horribly organized. Horrible. Did I mention they are horrible?

I'm actually disappointed ENWorld separated Pathfinder into its own message board. Having it isolated like this gives it much more of an echo chamber effect where you are likely to only see agreement with all things Pathfinder and, well, we already have plenty of that on the Paizo website. No where near as many eyes will be on these threads as before.

Oh yeah, and the Paizo boards are horribly organized.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads