• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why do you discuss Pathfinder on ENWorld instead of Paizo.com?

GlassJaw

Hero
As many have mentioned already, the Paizo forum layout is very difficult to navigate. I've also had very long posts completely eaten on more than one occasion for no apparent reason.

I also find EN World to be much more "fair and balanced". There will always be strong opinions on the interwebz but to me, EN World is more equal opportunity.

And now that EN World has got its mojo back, it's a no-brainer.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I'm actually disappointed ENWorld separated Pathfinder into its own message board. Having it isolated like this gives it much more of an echo chamber effect where you are likely to only see agreement with all things Pathfinder and, well, we already have plenty of that on the Paizo website. No where near as many eyes will be on these threads as before.

Well, I had become rather tired of the threadcrapping in the general forum with certain posters that seemed to want to enter *every* Pathfinder thread to say that it wasn't for them.

Jasperak

Adventurer
Because I like the format of the boards on Enworld more. Paizo's gives me a headache...

I am used to the ENworld style and layout. Plus the whole hovering over the thread title and reading the first paragraph to see if poster has a clue is a bonus.

"Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0.1"

Festivus

First Post
I feel less intimidated to discuss things here at ENWorld. Most here are quite friendly, even to those of us who happen to like 4E. I have a differing opinion of Paizo boards, likely a few bad apples but enough to spoil it for me.

Also, relevance. I used to post a lot more at Paizo when I was running Age of Worms, or reading Dungeon magazine. Now, with Pathfinder and my soon to get a copy of book, I might start posting again there.

johnnype

First Post
Here is a pet peeve of mine. You can't subscribe to threads on the Paizo boards and have them send you an email when a response is posted to the thread. That's annoying.

At the same time I don't know that you can do it here either. I use to get emails to my threads all the time but I haven't in months. Did something change?

Admiral Caine

First Post
Well, I had become rather tired of the threadcrapping in the general forum with certain posters that seemed to want to enter *every* Pathfinder thread to say that it wasn't for them.

Correct. This can and does happen on either side of the fence. That's why I am not disappointed that Pathfinder has it's own forums here. Hopefully seperate forums won't be necessary long term, but I don't think it's bad for the time being.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads