• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Why do you discuss Pathfinder on ENWorld instead of Paizo.com?

alleynbard

First Post
It makes perfect sense; however, ENWorld is exactly the same, as is every single forum I've ever observed.

You are, of course, right. There are "groups" at every forum on the net.

But I have never quite felt that way here. Perhaps it is the size. I don't know. But I have never felt the same way at ENWorld. Sure, certain posters "hold more authority" but I never felt like my opinion was any less valid. Unless of course, we are talking on a subject that a certain poster is fluent in. Then that is only natural.

Of course, someone else might have a completely different experience than mine. That is where the idea of perception comes in. Sometimes I think we just find a place that feels comfortable and find a way to work into the fabric of the community. Which might be more of what I am stabbing at. My post count at Paizo is nearly 1,000 and I still feel like I am trying to find my legs there. On the other hand, my post count here is 260 and I feel like I have my bearings. I spent a long time as a lurker in both places, but I feel like I clicked easier with some of the posters here.

Once again, this isn't meant to state that there is anything wrong with the Paizo boards. I will keep posting there, giving my ideas, talking about the things that interest me. I have encountered some great people over there and the fact the designers post regularly is a huge boon. I really like the place. No one has been rude to me, I am simply saying I am having trouble finding my place in the chaos. :) Just giving a small perspective on why I sometimes like to read these boards over the Paizo ones.

There is, in fact, a thread talking about this phenomenon on the Paizo boards, started by a new poster. And I pretty much posted what you did Sammael, that nearly every board is like this. But then we all started joking, having fun, and a number of posters seemed more resolved to check out what some of the "newbies" were doing. So I think it was pretty productive.

Last edited:

johnnype

First Post
It is? Huh. My settings are configured to send me notifications when there are new posts on EN World but I haven't received anything in at least a year. Thought it was associated with the computer problem, then it became part of paid membership.

Is my account configured wrong? I have to check the EN Worlds like Paizo to check for updates :.-(

I've had the exact same problem here on EN World. The only email I receive is the occasional newsletter, that's it. I haven't received post notifications in ages. Is my account configured incorrectly as well?

Wycen

Explorer
2 big reasons.

1. ENworld has shifted to a 4E board and I do not appreciate 4E the way many people do. The Pathfinder gives me hope and reason to continue coming to my favorite DnD website.

2. The Paizo boards are ridiculous in the number of subforums. I simply can't read everything and if I post something I forget where and when. The small arena for ENworld is good.

frankthedm

First Post
Now having posted there, the interface does not meet my expectations. What's worse, I can't hot-link images or even measly thumbnails :rant:.

Davelozzi

Explorer
EN World used to be my main online hangout but these days I post (& surf) almost exclusively at Paizo. I am posting here now because I their site seems to be down (at least for me).

The reason I moved over there was because after the announcement of 4e it quickly became clear that I wasn't that into the direction WotC was taking it, and a result I increasingly found that the conversation here was less to my interest. I was far more interested in Pathfinder when it was announced and I quickly found out that there site was a better place to find people that shared that interest, though as others have pointed out the fanboy factor can get a little heavy over there at times.

It appears that things have evened out a bit here with this separate forum for Pathfinder, but for now, I still feel more at home at Paizo. Whether or not that will shift back is anyone's guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads