• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why does Undead=Evil

Metallian

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
Etc.

Metallian, this works perfectly well within the context of the rules. It is neat, and clear, and doesn't require pages to explain. It is not the use of negative energy per se, in your explaination, but the enduring use of negative energy needed to create undead which is evil.

Thanks! That was what I was going for.

Raven Crowking said:
Ridley's Cohort's explanation is also simple and works well. Personally, I tend toward more involved speculation that ties in more aspects of the game world, but sometimes simpler is better.

I definitely appreciate your approach as well. It's true that it's more complex, but it also requires less "invention." I've pondered the question that started this thread many times in the past, and this thread has been very interesting to me as I have not yet settled on the "best" answer for me and my campaign.

Raven Crowking said:
Metallian, I would still like to answer your questions.

Assuming that you are using the explanation I gave, which may not be the case, these are the answers I would give.

Yes, I was asking the questions in reference to your theory. Thanks for taking the time to answer them! Hopefully, I shall ponder your answers more fully when I have the time, but they do seem pretty solid.

The Metallian

Remove ads