• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why I Intend to Purchase the 4th Edition Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack7

First Post
If you want anything other than a post slap as a reply.

Well, I reckon if a slap fight is your thing, you're somebody to worry about alrighty.

But even a slapfighter is welcome to their opinions.
So ride em hard cowpoke.

Give us your meanest.
I'll ruminate on it awhile and run it right up to the top of my to-do list.
Or, maybe not...

Last edited:

Muaythaidaddy

First Post
I don't know about the rest of you, and certainly not this jackhole, but I play games for one reason - FUN - because that's all they are - GAMES.

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
Well, had a feeling 'juvenile' would come up somewhere, along with the ability of D&D to teach anything (that your GM knows about and makes you work through, assuming the principles he understands are correct, since otherwise you're actually learning -bad- information).

I think we're clear enough what this is.

Anybody an Acid Admixture Fireball on deck to clean house?

Jack7

First Post

Is that you talking, or your character?
Cause if it's just your character, I'll take what you're able to do with a grain of salt.

I don't know about the rest of you, and certainly not this jackhole, but I play games for one reason - FUN - because that's all they are - GAMES.

Well, I reckon you devastated me didn't ya?
You argue pretty rough.
Did you learn that in-game?

Jack7 said:
I reckon I'm gonna have to do that elsewhere. Maybe in another thread.
Wait, what? You're going to clarify what your OP meant in another thread? Why would you do that? Why wouldn't you do it in the same thread, especially since so many posters are confused as to what you mean?

That is, please define "useful" as you are using it here.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GameOgre said:
The OP's post only goes to prove that even fools can get old.
GameOgre, you're new here, so welcome to EN World!

You may not realize that our posting rules are different from many other boards. Please go reread them under 'Help', above. Specifically, being rude or insulting to other members isn't permissible. It's fine to disagree with someone, but making a personal attack is grounds for suspension.

So please re-read the rules, and then go have fun - but with less rude of a tone.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Fifth Element said:
That is, please define "useful" as you are using it here.
I won't presume. . . but allow me to presume. :p

That is to say, it looks to me like he means 'useful' as in 'helps to teach, encourage and/or hone valuable life skills'.

It's an interesting view, whether it actually is his or not. :)

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Simia Saturnalia said:

Jack7 is long-winded and someone I personally wouldn't want to game with due to a difference in playstyle. He also argues a consistent point, and seems human enough. Just cause you don't like someone doesn't mean they are a troll.

EDIT: This looks way more negative than I meant to sound. Jack7: I mean no offense, your playstyle seems like it would be fun, just not my fun.

Last edited:

Simia Saturnalia

First Post
'Your playstyle is juvenile' is either elitism or trolling, so far as I'm concerned. You're either saying that you play D&D more "correctly" than someone else, or getting a reaction is prioritized over actually having a conversation. Of those two, I respect trolling more, so I was trying to be kind. YMMV.

Jack7 said:
Maybe you've never thought about it before. And if you've never played any other way then I can't blame you.
But I played the original and I can see the difference between it and the 3rd edition as easily as I could spot the difference between a mountain lion and a possum painted as a pole cat.
Dude, there are so many 3.X players here who also played earlier editions, it's not funny. I've been playing for 19 years myself, and your whole argument definitely smacks of elitism. You seem to be saying you know a better way of playing, because you played older editions. Which is ridiculous.

I've played many editions of D&D, and to date I have enjoyed them all, but probably enjoyed 3.X the most, since it allows me to do with my character what I want. Yes, player strategizing and problem-solving is good fun, but sometimes in the older editions that's all there was. 3.X allows the characters to have different, interesting ways of solving problems and overcoming obstacles.

Part of the fun of the game is playing your character (ie, role-playing). Rules that allow for your character to do more interesting and fun things are generally good.

If you prefer older editions, yay for you. Many people do. Many are also able to do so without having to post on message boards about how bad the editions they don't like are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads