Why Is Chris Perkins Tweeting Page Snippets Of Mongrelfolk?

I didn't see that either. Do mongrelfolk appear in one of the adventures they've released, or is this a possible hint of the Monster Manual 2?

I didn't see that either. Do mongrelfolk appear in one of the adventures they've released, or is this a possible hint of the Monster Manual 2?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Mongrelmen, as they where called, where introduced in this module:

I1.jpg

Would be a natural starting point for, say, a story.

EDIT: And ninjaed. But I put up the picture.

I doubt it's going to be an AP set in Ravenloft. They just said their focus is going to be on the Realms for the forseeable future. Assuming it's part of an actual product and not an Unearthed Arcana article, it'd probably their "Alice In Wonderland / Feywild" AP. That'd be easily translated to any campaign setting using the wider core cosmology.

I would love a Ravenloft... anything. Might be neat to have a 32-page adventure set there in the fall. Lots of great monsters in that setting as well, and ones that can be used in traditional fantasy worlds (unlike Eberron or Dark Sun beasties).

S

Sunseeker

Wouldn't mind a race handbook compiling the new races and adding a bunch of new ones and subraces. Would be a great campaign-deign-based book.

Don't really care much for mongrelfolk though.

Quickleaf

Legend
I would love a Ravenloft... anything. Might be neat to have a 32-page adventure set there in the fall. Lots of great monsters in that setting as well, and ones that can be used in traditional fantasy worlds (unlike Eberron or Dark Sun beasties).
I mean, if they can do a ret-con of Temple of Elemental Evil in the Forgotten Realms, then I agree that it wouldn't hard to fit a Ravenloft/Ravenloft-ensue adventure into the Forgotten Realms too.

As for the MM2, while I'm eager to see that, having a proof copy already done seems WAY faster than their previous production of the MM2 historically. Even during 3e and 4e with their faster production cycles, wasn't it 2 years since the launch of the core three before they released MM2? If they have a proof copy of MM2 now, wouldn't that mean they were gunning for like a September / October release, roughly 1 year after the first MM was released? That would be FAST. And awesome :)

gyor

Legend
FR ate Ravenloft when the domains of dread were combined with the shadow plane.

Still Mongelmen exist in the Forgotten Realms, such in a mountain range near Calimport I believe, I could be wrong.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Even during 3e and 4e with their faster production cycles, wasn't it 2 years since the launch of the core three before they released MM2? If they have a proof copy of MM2 now, wouldn't that mean they were gunning for like a September / October release, roughly 1 year after the first MM was released? That would be FAST. And awesome :)
One year would be faster than 3rd edition, but slower than 4th (or 2nd edition).

2nd Edition:
- Monstrous Compendium Volume One (June 1989)
- Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (August 1989)
- Monstrous Compendium Volume Three (November 1989)
- Monstrous Compendium Volume Four (April 1990)

3rd Edition:
- Monster Manual (October 2000)
- Monster Manual II (September 2002)

4th Edition:
- Monster Manual (June 2008)
- Monster Manual 2 (May 2009)

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
FR ate Ravenloft when the domains of dread were combined with the shadow plane.
And the Shadowfell is often shown as being "opposite" the Feywild in many respects, so this fits in with the "Alice in Wonderland" sort of theme.

I think a Realms/Ravenloft crossover would be a big seller. Weren't the Domains of Dread originally demiplanes specifically so that adventurers from any setting could wander into them through the mist?

Remove ads

Remove ads