Why is the Extra Rings feat designated an Item Creation feat?

The Souljourner

First Post
What they should have done is make it a general feat, but in the "special" description of the feat say: "This feat may be taken as a bonus feat as if it were an item creation feat" or something to that effect, in the same way fighter feats are specified.

Oh well... not like the type of feat really matters (except for the aforementioned bonus feats). A fighter can take it just as easily either way - which is to say, he can't, because of the 12th caster level requirement.

-The Souljourner

Last edited:

Trainz

Explorer
Laman Stahros said:
It has a requirement of not only Forge Ring, but also 12th caster level. That seems like a pretty good level requirement to me.
I do not own Eberron, but this startled me. I'm surprised no-one spotted this before me.

That feat has two prereqs ? Forge Ring and 12th caster level ?

It so happens that Forge Ring already HAS a 12th caster level prereq. Thus, it's not usually possible for someone to have that feat before 15th level. Making it accessible at 12th is, well... dumb.

Unless I'm missing something obvious here (which I sometimes do)...

Last edited:

xazil

Explorer
Trainz said:
I do not own Eberron, but this startled me. I'm surprised no-one spotted this before me.

That feat has two prereqs ? Forge Ring and 12th caster level ?

It so happens that Forge Ring already HAS a 12th caster level prereq. Thus, it's not usually possible for someone to have that feat before 15th level. Making it accessible at 12th is, well... dumb.

Unless I'm missing something obvious here (which I sometimes do)...
Well someone could always do something oddball like Wizard 9 / Loremaster 2 / Wizard 1 which would give them their bonus wizard feat right on level 12 along with their normal feat so they could acquire both Forge Ring and Extra Rings.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Some classes grant bonus feats regardless of prereqs-- like the ranger combat style or the monk bonus feats. I don't know of a class that grants Forge Ring in that way, but if there is one (or if somebody invents it), the character still can't take Extra Rings before 12th level.

Remove ads