• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why isn't Wight a Template?

Wolffenjugend

First Post
If wights transform their victims (slain with energy drain) into wights, then why isn't there a template? i.e. like vampires.

If you've got some musclebound 20th-lvl fighter who changes into a wight, he immediately becomes a wimp...

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Wolffenjugend said:
If wights transform their victims (slain with energy drain) into wights, then why isn't there a template? i.e. like vampires.

If you've got some musclebound 20th-lvl fighter who changes into a wight, he immediately becomes a wimp...

I thinks its because a wight loses it memory of its former life, and solely exists to create murder and mayhem.

Also, the 20-level fighter who succumbs to a wights level draining ability has already forgotten how to BE a 20-level fighter.

Silveras

First Post
Wights, along with Wraiths, Spectres, and Mummies, are templates in Savage Species.

Monte Cook published on his web site Templates for Ghouls and Ghasts.

Voadam

Legend
There is a barrow wight template in the Penumbra Fantasy Bestiary (I wrote that entry) and I believe in the Slayer's Guide to Undead and a Dragon Magazine article as well.

Remove ads