• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why people should play one game of Dnd

Istayfrosti

First Post
Hello all, my name is frosti and I have an idea to make a video explaining how tabletop gaming should really be viewed and that everyone should at least give a game a shot. So I am asking you this question: Why should people play one game of Dnd?
Any answer will do, so please share your thoughts.
That's actually all i really have to say but i am going to put my current outline of the video so it can be critiqued.
1. Intro
a. what is a tabletop rpg
a. popular view (Dnd is for nerds and larpers)
b. realistic view
3.benefits to playing
4.conclusion( I will also provide a link to the D6 core rules and an adventure set in westeros that can be played with 2-6 beginning players who can use 6 pre built characters.)

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Nagol

Unimportant
Everyone should try D&D in the same way everyone should try knitting, bird watching, and stamp collecting. In other words, not everyone should.

D&D is a hobby. Hobbies generally require some form of commitment -- time, cost, whatever and are done because the people doing them enjoy that activity enough to offset the costs.

People generally understand what they enjoy. It may be that certain people will enjoy the hobby despite their initial expectation, but the percentage is unlikely to be high.

Burning Yeti

First Post
Everyone should try at least one game of D&D because it's just another form of playing make-believe, something we all did when we were children. Yet at some point most people stop doing the most of the things that gave us so much enjoyment when we were kids. The beauty of D&D and other roleplaying games is that you can recapture that spirit in a more "grown-up" fashion.

Remove ads