Why so much $$$ for GTA?

Probably cause its a fun game, I still havnt picked up the latest one, but Im a big fan of the series. I like the open world environment, alot of time i dont even bother with the missions I just cruise around and pick up hookers and then kill them ,you get your money back! Great fun!

Argyle King

Legend
In addition to what Silversword said, I'd also guess the price was a little higher than usual because Rockstar spent a lot of money to make the game. I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I think the article I read said Rockstar spent somewhere around $300 million on the game.

Argyle King

Legend
So far, there's really only one thing which bothers me about the game, but it bothers me enough that I nearly regret buying the game at times.

I really hate the aiming system used in GTA V. On top of the AI making weird choices concerning who it chooses to lock onto (a guy is standing right beside me, but I start shooting at someone across the street..?), I've found that having a white aiming reticule is also a problem. There are a lot of times when it blends into the background, and I can't see it.

Felon

First Post
In addition to what Silversword said, I'd also guess the price was a little higher than usual because Rockstar spent a lot of money to make the game. I don't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but I think the article I read said Rockstar spent somewhere around $300 million on the game.

It's a $60 game. Average price. The OP doesn't bother to elaborate, but I can only guess he's referring to it making a billion dollars in less than a week.

Rockstar is a good custodian of their IP's. They haven't fallen prey to the trend of running their IP's into the ground via annualization (q.v.Activision).

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I have never bought a game for that much money. Only one game did I buy brand new and that was Mass Effect 3 and only because I had a $50 gift card. Otherwise, I don't mind waiting for games to get cheaper.

But then again I never really played many video games. I think Mass Effect 3 was the last game I actually played and I beat it within like 2 weeks of it coming out.

Clearly I am not the target audience of video game companies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It l's the sane price as all console games, isn't it? I've paid about £40 for every new console game I've bought on the last few years, including this one

Argyle King

Legend
Thinking about it, I actually remember paying between $50-$60 for some NES games back when I was a kid. Adjusting for inflation, the games of today would actually be cheaper by comparison.

Argyle King

Legend
It's a $60 game. Average price. The OP doesn't bother to elaborate, but I can only guess he's referring to it making a billion dollars in less than a week.

Rockstar is a good custodian of their IP's. They haven't fallen prey to the trend of running their IP's into the ground via annualization (q.v.Activision).

I misunderstood the question. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because Rockstar has a reputation for making fun games.

Saw this posted on the Facespace...

1374174_10151624991885009_270210818_n.jpg

I was all giddy and excited, till I realized it wasnt a real game, damnit!!!

Remove ads