• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why the kender could conquer Ansalon(DL)

Deedlit

First Post
All right, most of you think I am crazy for saying this, but I believe if they wanted to, the kender could conquer Ansalon, and maybe the rest of Krynn as well. I give the following reasons:
Every kender can wield a hoopak or other equally useful weapon, and most are handlers. Very few are members of NPC classes, unlike the average member of the other races. Only the elves and kender can say all of their number can use weapons.
Kender can also be very cunning, if they wish. They have a history of making good plans, and have done many great things for Krynn.
Kender also borrow items from people. Many members of opposing armies would find their weapons missing, hurting their chances significantly.
Kender are united, and many. There are no feuds among their race like the ones between hill and mountain dwarves, or between Qualinesti and Silvanesti elves. Different kender nations exist, but they are truly one people, and in a war each of the kender nations would probably align.
While many kender are on Wanderlust, they will still be motivated to fight. Wars are a good way to get to know other kender, and the world would be more interesting if kender ruled it, and they wouldn't get thrown out anymore.
When the war started, few would take the kender seriously. Most would be laughing, or believe the news of it is a hoax, and even once they realize the kender are serious, they would underestimate them.
Kendragons(Yes plural. Once news of the first kendragon got around, others would start trying how it happened for themselves).
Those who would oppose the kender would often be involved in their own wars. Also, the elves would continue their foreign policy(Let the humans deal with it), and the Gnomes would merely study how it affects the world.
Many would simply not care enough to fight. All in all, most people would be annoyed, but many would, seeing the reforms made by kender,(Democracy, laws enforcing treating others well) would grudgingly accept it, and not care enough to fight the kender armies.
Magic. While few kender take the path of High Sorcery, those who do are very powerful, and the mages who would oppose them would be terrified by the thought of fighting against kender mages(Not to mention the missing spell components.)

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

First Post
You also forgot one of the most important aspects of fighting kender. They don't know fear. That is a powerful weapon that cannot be underestimated.

Thanee

First Post
Well, I guess, the Krynn-dwellers can only be happy, that the Kenders don't have a real interest in war. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Chun-tzu

First Post
What army could possibly be disciplined enough to stay in formation when they're facing an army of taunting kender? And the Kender have dozens of war heroes, all of them the "real" Tasselhoff Burrfoot!

p.s. What's a Kendragon?
p.p.s. Kender mages? Really?

Taloras

First Post
....kendragon? I too would like to know what this is. I agree though, that if someone could unite the kender (and keep them from wandering off in the middle of a battle), then Ansalon would have a problem. however, kender are the most scatter brained creatures ive heard of. they see a shiny object on their opponent, try to grab it, and get whacked.

Deedlit

First Post
Well, I'm not very familiar with the Kendragon myself, but I believe it was a kender that after using a certain magic item got turned into a dragon. Numerous refrences are made to kender mages, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. http://www.kencyclopedia.com could explain any of this far better then I could anyway.

Tsyr

Explorer
One problem:

Five minutes into their first siege, an enemy mage teleports a pile of assorted shine stones and cheap tin medalions outside the city, and presto... the kenders forget all about their war.

:D

Remove ads