• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why the merger of two categories?

dpmcalister

Explorer
Please don't take this the wrong way because I'm seriously interested. Why were the Best Fan Website and Best Podcast categories merged into Best Fan Product?

Crothian

First Post
There was not enough entries for the categories to exist on their own. That's the only reason we would combine categories.

davethegame

Explorer
Please don't take this the wrong way because I'm seriously interested. Why were the Best Fan Website and Best Podcast categories merged into Best Fan Product?

No kidding, at least that merger makes sense, but two websites, two podcasts, and an adventure?

I think that's crazy considering how many great RPG blogs and podcasts have been doing quality work this past year. Next year, I'm going to push every one of the sites on my site's blogroll and in my RSS reader to enter. (For the record, Critical Hits chose not to enter because we thought the category was a lot more narrow then it turned out to be.)

Also, the honorable mention hasn't been updated since last November! I would have thought timeliness would be a factor.

Crothian

First Post
I think that's crazy considering how many great RPG blogs and podcasts have been doing quality work this past year. Next year, I'm going to push every one of the sites on my site's blogroll and in my RSS reader to enter.

Please do. We can only judge what gets entered.

dpmcalister

Explorer
Thanks for the reply. For the record, I had entered UK Role Players and I don't mind not making the nomination list, but I was hoping for more entries. The Best Fan Website has been the category I looked forward to seeing (some of the previous year's entries were outstanding and I really enjoyed reading through them, even if the content wasn't 100% of interest to me). This year though, there's only one nomination that is interesting and I already read that website.

Next year, like davethegame, I'll be getting as many websites as I can to enter themselves.

davethegame

Explorer
The Best Fan Website has been the category I looked forward to seeing (some of the previous year's entries were outstanding and I really enjoyed reading through them, even if the content wasn't 100% of interest to me). This year though, there's only one nomination that is interesting and I already read that website.

Agreed: I've been fortunate enough to come across tons of great RPG sites lately, but it's a real shame that, somehow, the category got merged in with other categories. I mean, just look at this list. I really don't get it.

Remove ads