• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Why wouldn't Someone Learn Magic...

Storyteller01

First Post
fusangite said:
I'm not assuming any of those things. I'm just assuming rational action. Look, obviously, at this point, no rational argument is going to get through to you. This has turned into one of those arguments with my stepmother who just says "not necessarily" until you pass out and then assumes she has won.

If that's how you choose to see it.

taliesin15

First Post
Wow. After all this discussion, I think it can be summed up simply: depends on the DM's design. All my early campaign worlds were such that spellcasters were rare. In my most recent one, magic is everywhere, and is ingrained in part due to the myths of the various races.

Also, I think the discussion should take in account different types of magic. There's been discussion of commoners using healing spells, then the next post talks about Fireball. And the occasional Druid spell (mainly to do with crops).

Remove ads