• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wil Wheaton in Dungeon Magazine [merged]

Express

First Post
Wil Wheaton in Dungeon Magazine

Dont know if this has been posted by an scoopers but:

Just got this over at WilWheaton dot net, evidently Wil Wheaton (Ensign Crusher to trekkies) is going to be doing the back page column in Dungeon starting in issue 114.

Ive been a fan of WW's blog/site which has been around for a long while. Its nice to see a fan of the genre given a platform in a gaming mag.

http://www.wilwheaton.net/

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Speaking of Wil.
I emailed him recently, asking if he was going to attend Gencon to support his new Article.

I asked him to attend the Ennies and the Dinner while I was at it. Lets hope he comes!

robaustin

First Post
Wil Wheaton to write Back Page Column in Dragon

From Wil Wheaton's Blog (www.wilwheaton.net):

I've been alluding to some sort of exciting announcement for at least a week now, but every time I think I'm going to make it, something else comes up, and it keeps getting delayed.

So I guess I should just make the announcement, and go back to folding my clothes.

(Totally random aside: even though I'm married and have two stepkids, I still do laundry like a bachelor. About once every two weeks, my clothes will spill out of the hamper, and I'll hear Anne call, "Wil?" from the bedroom.

Excitedly expecting some Skyrockets in Flight, I'll race back there, only to find her standing near the hamper, one hand on her hip, the other pointing at the mass of clothes, as she gives me The Look.

My wife is the most patient and wonderful woman on the planet.)

Anyway, before I start going on and on about how awesome Anne is, here's the Big news: starting with issue 114, I will be writing the back page of Dungeon magazine. My column is called . . . wait for it . . . "Wil Save."

I've been reading Dungeon and Dragon off and on for years, but I've been playing D&D since the early days of the red box set. All through high school, I played GURPS, Illuminati, Car Wars, OGRE, Awful Green Things . . . and some games that were not released by Steve Jackson Games. The point is, I've got lots of sources for inspiration, and I will spend my first few columns looking back on 15 years of gaming, and what it means to me to be a Gamer now, compared to when I was younger.

It's a pretty big deal to me to have a regular column anywhere . . . but to have the back page is something that I didn't think I'd ever get, and I'm very grateful to the droogs at Dungeon for giving me an opportunity to share some of my experiences with their readers.

Setanta

First Post
I think he may have posted at EN World way back when, but he doesn't read it these days. Maybe he will start, soon. He hasn't had time to actually play much lately (for those that read his blog, he hasn't actually started that campaign with his stepkids yet), but he's going to be involved in a campaign starting very soon, and that might be the catalyst for getting him on boards like these. We'll see. One of his early columns (first, maybe?) is about how much harder it is to find the time to play as an adult with a job and a family as compared to the good old days when we were young and could play all night.

Henry

Autoexreginated
As I understand it, he's already a regular at slashdot and several other places, and there are a lot of RPG Forums out there. :) So if he does make it over this way, that'll be great, but I'm not going to be upset if he never does. If there is one thing I've learned about celebrity, there are times when someone just doesn't want to be one. :)

Remove ads