• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Wilderness Mystic - Kindred spirit - Ranger *Clarification*

Huntedown

Villager
I just finish a game where one of my player is a ranger with Kindred spirit

KINDRED SPIRIT

You intuitively sense when another wilderness expert is nearby. Your passive Perception increases by 5 to detect hidden or invisible creatures within 30 feet of you, and you instantly detect whether any creature you can see is proficient with Stealth or Survival.

My question is that: Is a 4th level class ability pretty much nullify Invisible or creature that has innate ability to be invisible. For background information, I had a couple of quasit ambush my player while they were in combat. My ranger told me that he should be able to detect them, but I was unsure to what to do.

It does say that it increase perception to detect invisible creature, but what kind of check would that be skill vs ??? dc, or should it just be auto-detect??

the hidden/invisible creature would have to have rolled stealth to actually be hidden - the ranger's passive perception is trying to overcome that stealth check. also note the ranger doesn't see the invisible creature, but detects it, meaning the ranger just knows where it is and (from what i can tell) doesn't actually overcome the condition.

Remove ads