Wilds of Eldraine

So once again there have been leaks, nothing illegal mind you, just some anonymous store get promo packs early.

Mad as I was about Theros, I have to admit this set looks insanely amazing, Adventures, Enchantments matter, and more spoiler in the post below.

Beluna Grandsquall is a straight up D&D style Cloud Giant, R/U/G for a 4/4 legendary giant noble, that reduces adventure permenants casting cost by 1 and she has trample, with an adventure, Thrill Seeker that mill 7 cards then put all the cards with adventure into your hand.

This card feels almost more D&Dish then Eldraine.

Also Aura Enchantment role Token in the game, like Wicked, Cursed, and Sorcerer.

Treasure and Food in the set. Sagas. Satyrs are now a thing in Eldraine, they look more hairy then Theros Satyrs. Not sure how Satyrs fit into Folklore and Fairy Tales, There is a Veldkyn character, but he's from Ravnica via omenpath.

Food creatures as well.

Both mono colour and dual colour and wedge adventure cards.

This set feels like a huge gift to fans of both the OG Eldraine, but also the D&D set.

I'm curious is Ixalan will have Adventures too.

Higher complexity set. Better and cooler then Brother's War, Dominaria United, New Phyrexia, March of the Machine (hate that set), and the utterly disappointing Aftermath combined.

Also has Enchanted Tales so a whole bunch of new Enchantments are coming to Arena.

BTW Will is blue white, so this is a very different feel to him this time, and Rowan is left to carry the Prismari thing by herself, curious if she will be a Knight, Warlock, or Shaman (Sorcerer).

Last edited:

Power level seems super high still, I guess they never depowered sets?

Yeah, pretty powerful, and way more complexity then I expected. But look fun.

You could reprint many of these cards in a D&D set. It just fits CLB to a T, like Gorian is going to LOVE this set.

probably the set of the year, although the bar is low.

Yeah this set is going to have a ton of high value Enchantments. Wouldn't be surprised if Black Market Connections gets a reprint. Maybe Urza's Saga too, although that doesn't seem something that fits in Eldraine, so it's tougher.

For mechanics so far I count 10 none evergreen mechanics.

Remove ads