• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildshapeable Backpack

anon

First Post
How much gold to make a magically enchanted backpack that could meld back and forth into or out of my Wildshaped form at my command as a move action? standard action?

As a point of reference a wilding clasp (MotW 3.0) cost 4000, but in 3.0 objects all got melded making it "worth more" to keep things unmelded. 3.5, arguably, wouldn't let the backpack meld at all in many forms.

My first take: 4000 for standard action, 5000 for move.

anon

First Post
Either one. If I can price the feature fairly enough I could just add that price to the price of the Haversack. Or add 150% of the initial price.

4000 too much? too little?

Scion

First Post
With a haversack coming in at 2k I would probably add 1k to make it shift with the person changing forms to be something useful to whatever form is being taken.

Probably an extra 1500 - 2k above that to make it meld in and out of their form.

So, at max, 5k for a move action to make it meld and unmeld, this makes it a full round action (more or less) to retrieve any item and then half of your next round to put the pack away again. Certainly not overpowered.

But then I would probably put it at 4500, just because it is not very powerful and more of a flavor thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads