• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood Red in Tooth and Claw [OOC]

Voadam

Legend
Nor mine. Crap. I copied a pdf picture of the room into MS Word and then added in symbols for the party and adversaries. Spent way too much time creating a basic populated room picture.

Oh well, the key point was that with his 10' spacing NR4ZN is blocked by the walls of the cavern and the opponent rats, to move more he must get past the rats, either killing them, overrunning, bullrushing, etc.

Have I ever mentioned how creating combat maps has been the bane of my online DMing?

Voadam

Legend
Pyrex said:
I tried opening the doc you posted IC and Word just choked on it. Could you repost as text in {code} tags something like this?

Code:
[SIZE=4]
*N.XX
*12R.
*.WBT
*..I.
[/SIZE]

Where:
N = NR
1, 2, 3 etc = Rats
R = Rat with Knife
W = Weylan
B = Badger
T = Thelso
I = Inamar
* = Wall
X = Pit

I will work on getting an aski code type of map later.

Voadam

Legend
re-uploaded the doc file and I got it to work when I clicked on it. If if does not work for you let me know and I will start up a code map.

Voadam

Legend
OOC: If I'm reading your map correctly that's 20' of diagonal movement (15' for the diagonal step into difficult terrain then 5' for the second diagonal step) followed by a single attack.

20' of movement is correct by my reckoning. First diagonal is 5 doubled for difficult terrain, second is 10' for the second diagonal. It sets up for a flank attack as well.

chakken98

First Post
Hey all I am finally back. Voadam is aware of whats going on but I have had some pretty big and bad things occur in my life which had caused me to dissappear while I sorted through it all. Hopefully I can figure out whats going on in the game. Hopefully I haven't missed out on a whole lot but, most likely I have...lol...anyway, thanks for putting up with me...I am looking forward to getting back in this....

Voadam

Legend
chakken98 said:
Hey all I am finally back. Voadam is aware of whats going on but I have had some pretty big and bad things occur in my life which had caused me to dissappear while I sorted through it all. Hopefully I can figure out whats going on in the game. Hopefully I haven't missed out on a whole lot but, most likely I have...lol...anyway, thanks for putting up with me...I am looking forward to getting back in this....

Quick summary

Chamber after the ooze pit you almost fell into that dissolved your spear. In this chamber there is a pit full of swarming rats in the corner, and a three-foot tall bipedal rat thing armed with a white stone dagger and five evil-looking big quadruped rats. The rat thing devastated NR4ZN when it flanked him and was able to get at unprotected warzoder innards. The party has been dispatching the big rats eliminating a lot of flanking, but the rat thing is inhumanly quick and hard to hit. It also seems to take less damage than it should from NR4ZN's club and it has some resistance to Inamar's bolts.

Thelso has 1 first level spell left and all his zero level ones. Thelso's spear was lost before but he still has a bite attack.

Here are Thelso's spells. 1 cure light wounds, magic weapon, bless, shield of faith, 0 resistance, light, guidance, read magic

See the rogue gallery (link in my sig) for current hp.

Remove ads