• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood RiTaC III Gannu Mines

Shayuri

First Post
(have we found a cave? I thought he was saying there might be one around, but we'd have to locate it first :))

Inamar shrieks and latches onto Weylan's arm when the lightning strikes close, then doesn't let go. She shivers as the wind gets stronger, and the jungle heat is swept away by the chill of the storm.

"What are we going to do?" she wails...though in the fury of the elements, she's barely audible.

Voadam

Legend
Rooth begins the process of searching for shelter, while there is the bower created by certain arrangements of trees, she presses deeper into the rocky terrains looking for a cave that would not be susceptible to lightning strikes.

The party soon becomes wet and the wind carries away more body heat.

A heavy branch splinters and falls striking NR4ZN's broad frame, but his armored form shrugs off the impact.

The party becomes more bedraggled, but Rooth spots a shallow cave opening that looks like it could hold all but NR4ZN. Rooth believes there is even a nook where she could work on a fire with a little shelter from the wind.

Pyrex

First Post
Shayuri said:
"What are we going to do?" she wails...though in the fury of the elements, she's barely audible.

"We get under cover before our luck runs out." Weylan shouts over the fury of the storm

voadam said:
The party becomes more bedraggled, but Rooth spots a shallow cave opening that looks like it could hold all but NR4ZN. Rooth believes there is even a nook where she could work on a fire with a little shelter from the wind.

Weylan pulls the cave opening, keeping an eye out for an outcropping to keep NR covered.

Voidrazor

First Post
NR4ZN stations itself just outside the cave without comment. The robot faces outward, tirelessly scanning for threats. Rather than seeming bedraggled b the storm, the pounding rain slowly scours away the mud and dust that had coated it.

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar scrambles desperately into the cave and huddles against a stone wall, knees up to her chest and arms wrapped around them, hugging herself.

Brazeku

First Post
"Goodness, what an awful evening!" Gravan muses, almost absentmindedly. I've not seen a storm so wretched since father Magnus sneezed when he was casting that control weather spell. Ah, my drenched rags are no match for nature's fury!" He turns his gaze outside, peering past the enormous machine man in an attempt to see when, or if, the storm will pass.

Voadam

Legend
Is it cold in here?

The storm rages throughout the day, into the night, and thoughout the next day, the crash of thunder and snapping branches and occasionally whole trees makes the prospect of travelling onward daunting.

NR4ZN and Rooth remain vigilant, the giant metallic construct buffeted by the occasional branches and his visual sensor's obscured by the thick rain but he remains apparently unperturbed.

Weylan and Gravan beging to feel a little easier in their minds as time passes in this natural setting. Despite the violence of the storm it feels natural to this reality and starts to dispel the unease and dislocation that the spectral goblin's touch induced. Gravan still feels disturbed on a fundamental level, but the edge starts to come off.

Unfortunately Weylan and Inamar start to feel horribly chilled and weak. Their faces are flushed and a quick check reveals their flesh feels warm to the touch. They notice as they reach for water flasks and food that their hands shake a little.

ooc Weylan and Gravan heal up to 2 wis damage each.

Weylan suffers 2 dex and 3 con damage, Inamar suffers 1 dex and 1 con damage.

Brazeku

First Post
"Oh my, look at you both! You look terrible. We can't go anywhere until this is, ah, dealt with. I'll go and fetch some herbs to brew a nice, warm curative tea. It tastes like the inside of a dead coyote but it's good for a fever!"

Gravan does his best to tend to their illness (Heal check is +7 due to wisdom loss, I believe) and then turns towards NR4ZN.

"Ah, my good metal lad? Would you be a kind fellow and accompany me on an, er, herb gathering expedition? We'll not travel far, probably. ...Really I'm not all that sure how far we'll travel. Anyway, we can also gather some berries, and I'll prepare a delightful repast!"

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar, huddled as she is, gives Graven a look of miserable gratitude and coughs. The moving blue marks that crawl sluggishly in her skin flare with momentary light as she does.

"Thanks," she says weakly. "Didn't think it'd get -cold- in the jungle. It's always so hot..."

After a moment she lies down on her side, curled into a damp, coughing little ball.

Pyrex

First Post
Leaning against the cave wall Weylan grumbles to himself "First a tree growing out of my neck now I come down sick from being out in the rain? Wonderful."

OOC: When making further saves agains the disease, Weylan will spend a PP to activate his Elan Resistance ability granting him a +4 to the save. Just let me know when to spend the points.

Remove ads