• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wildwood RiTaC III Gannu Mines

Drowned Hero

First Post
Rooth Shifter Ranger

Rooth snarls trough her troath "Syfer, let it be" and put her bow back on her back. "lets find those goblins' 'easier to kill' she says with a twisted smile on her shifted face.

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar scowls, but nods.

"Fine...fine. If it leaves us alone, we'll leave it alone. Stupid...tree rat."

She sends another blast up, aiming not at the creature, but at the tree right under it, trying to scare it further away.

"Get out of here, tree rat!"

She backs away then, slowly, with her hand still out and ready to keep blasting.

"Lets go. I'll heal you guys when we get some distance. I don't want it dropping on us again."

Voidrazor

First Post
Still facing the furred creature, NR4ZN moves to the fallen tree at a spot on the opposite side of the path from the beast. "I can help boost my lords and ladies over the tree."

Voadam

Legend
The creature scrambles back up into the leafy shelter of the tree's upper branches, driven off by the party's assaults. Observing the tree knowing the creature is up there you realize the foliage is thick enough that it might conceal a nest of some sort. Or perhaps it is merely a convenient concealed place for the creature to observe possible prey that make their way over the choke point of the downed trees across the path.

With bow, mindblade, and eldritch bolt at the ready you cover each other as you make your way over or around the barrier, NR4ZN's large frame enabling him to offer steadying aid to make the transition easier.

Shayuri

First Post
Once they're clear of the fallen tree, and seem out of the tree-beast's territory, Inamar says, "Okay, lemme see who's hurt...I'll see if I can fix you up."

Voadam

Legend
Moving down a little ways you pause a bit to catch your breath and gain a second wind. Luckily the fall and bites from the creature were not too serious and you are all soon good to go again.

Gravan [sblock] Upon further consideration of the beast now that you have time to think on it, its appearance, actions, and the ease with which it maneuvered among the entangling vines of your spell you do not think it is a dire lemur. You think it is called a vore, a carnivorous mammal loosely related to the sloth family but superbly adapted to high speed arboreal maneuverings and rapid ambushes. They normally ambush lone prey at forested choke points where their speed in difficult terrain gives them an advantage, but they are also known to defend their hidden tree nests if a creature gets too close to them.[/sblock]

Ooc reserve points for healing are sufficient to get everybody to full.

Brazeku

First Post
[sblock]OOC: I've been having trouble actually making posts. I hope this message actually comes through![/sblock]

Gravan looks back at where the creature was, pensively. "Hmm, you know my lemur judgment may have been hasty. I've been known to call lemur on many creatures... once it got me in a spot of trouble with some particularly hairy halflings." A pained and almost frightened expression comes across Gravan's features and he rubs a spot on the side of his head.

"But that animal - Perhaps it was actually a Vore! I haven't seen one of those outside of the dusty old encyclopedia druidica that we kept around the monastery. If I, ah, recall correctly, odds are we had probably disturbed its tree nest."

[sblock]I'm not sure how reserve points work, but Gravan will heal everyone as necessary.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Whatever," Inamar declares dismissively. "It was a nasty beast, and now we don't have to worry about it." The blue runes curl and twist over her skin as she scowls impatiently.

"Shouldn't we be catching up to them? Seems like we can't be too far behind..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads