D&D 3E/3.5 Will 3E exotic weapons appear in 4E?

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I'm hoping "Exotic" is changed to "Expert" or something similar. Exotic weapons are really statistically better weapons with the requirement of specialization. That's fine by me, as long as they actually are statistically better for the feat spent.

I've removed all the weapons that are really Martial weapons and unfortunately stuck in the Exotic category. Instead, they should be in a "Cultural" category for folks to learn some other route. Eastern weapons aren't that different from Western, but proficiency belongs in Simple/Martial categories when the statistical bonuses aren't actually beneficial.

Andor

First Post
Exotic weapons should get even crazier! I want chain saw nunchaku, and dual-wielding cabers! .... I'm going to go take my medication now....

borc killer

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I still like the suggestion of using this as a gnome hooked hammer since it's both a weapon and a tool, which makes a lot more sense than the default one.

I think the more out-there exotics might be best served up in a culture/race/class splatbook.

: )

I was sooo hoping you were going to post that hehe

The Grackle

First Post
F4NBOY said:
There are 4 swords in this image, I think the third larger might be the Bastard Sword.
If it's going to be considered an "exotic" weapon in 4E, dunno.
20070816b_drdd_2med.jpg

Apparently the 4e weapons will be designed by wigged-out art-deco dwarves.

From what I've gathered, the difference in weapons will be more what talents/maneuvers you can take for them, rather than the stats of the weapons themselves. As long as spears stop sucking, I'll be happy.

Remove ads