Will drow be dark elves or dark eladrin?

Aage

First Post
Will the designers please put a rule in that says, "This game was not written by lawyers. Please do not interpret the rules as if they were a legal code. If something makes little sense, or leads to an unpleasant play experience, feel free to use common sense instead."?

I'm pretty sure they consider that rule common sense. ;)

Mouseferatu said:
A moose once bit my sister...

Why not semster in sweden this year? See the lovely lakes. And the wonderful telecom system. (Actually it is, really, rather wonderful. I guess you'll have to take my word for it)

Coming soon from Disney Pictures, Drowladdin! The tale of a boy who might be a dark elf, might be a dark eladrin, whose all heart and a magic carpet. Oh yeah, he has a genie cohort who kicks, well you know.

Tewligan

First Post
tsadkiel said:
I went to high school with a girl who was missing half of her right ear. A horse bit it off.
I assume that she was a boxer, and therefore presented a tempting cauliflower ear to the horse.

shadewest

First Post
Let Drow be Drow

Drow are no longer elves. They get promoted to full racial status. Grey/Sun elves are now eladrin. Wood/Wild/Sylvan elves are now just elves. Dark Elves are now drow. They are now all fey, instead of all subraces of elf. It's a purely semantic difference to me. I can see that soon 4e will become as overpopulated with playable fey races as 3e was with elf subraces. They've juggled names, nothing more.

The Little Raven

First Post
shadewest said:
They've juggled names, nothing more.

And eliminated the needless distinction between wild/wood and high/gray, which actually reduced the number by two. Gives me hope that the super elf-a-philia that plagued D&D throughout second edition (as demonstrated by the lovely "Complete Elven Supremacists' Handbook") is getting chopped pretty hard.

shadewest

First Post
Mourn said:
And eliminated the needless distinction between wild/wood and high/gray, which actually reduced the number by two.

Ok I'll give you that and I'm grateful for it. I just hope that don't try to put them back in sideways in later splatbooks, renamed.

Remove ads