Will Favoured Soul be required to choose a God in AL?

Motorskills

Explorer
Yes, I think it is a good idea in principle, but there are a lot of...er...buts. :)

And hopefully I didn't misquote or misrepresent Crawford, or the AL for that matter.

Edit: and Jeremy was very clear that WOTC consider that there are still only three Core books.

Last edited:

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
And hopefully I didn't misquote or misrepresent Crawford, or the AL for that matter.

I don't think you did -- I think Jeremy honestly wants to get buzz going for the new book, but he is not as knowledgeable about AL-specific rules (like PH + 1), as he's not part of the WotC AL team. He probably meant to say that the book will be AL-legal (and the admins have already confirmed this, so that's not a spoiler).

Edit: and Jeremy was very clear that WOTC consider that there are still only three Core books.

Agreed -- the D&D team have been very strict on maintaining that the PH, DMG, and MM (or the Basic Rules online) are all you need to play a D&D game, including one of WotC's own published adventures. It's not impossible that WotC would publish another 'core' book, but I doubt it's high on the team's priority list. I also doubt anything short of a fourth 'core book' would cause the admins to expand the current 'PH +1' rule, but if a book proved so integral to the Realms experience and was popular enough, the admins might make an exception.

Again, speculation, while fun, isn't worth getting too worked up over.

--
Pauper

Hi All,

I spoke with people at WOTC, including Jeremy, and Motorskills has indeed misunderstood Jeremy's comments. There are no plans at this time to change the PHB+1 rule. XGE is likely to be legal in some capacity, but you should not expect it to be another core book.

Good Gaming, and I hope to see you across the table.

Hi All,

I spoke with people at WOTC, including Jeremy, and Motorskills has indeed misunderstood Jeremy's comments. There are no plans at this time to change the PHB+1 rule. XGE is likely to be legal in some capacity, but you should not expect it to be another core book.

Since Xanathar's is coming out mid-season, the same way the previous books with new crunch did, will there be another free rebuild on release, like we have gotten with the previous books?

kalani

First Post
If (and I do stress "if") the UA ranger is included in XGE - do you think there will be an option to rebuild existing rangers to the new ranger? Also, since XGE would count as their PHB+1, would this therefore preclude things like goblins from using the UA ranger?

CapnZapp

Legend
If (and I do stress "if") the UA ranger is included in XGE - do you think there will be an option to rebuild existing rangers to the new ranger? Also, since XGE would count as their PHB+1, would this therefore preclude things like goblins from using the UA ranger?

If skerrit doesn't reply further, his existing replies mean the answers will be "no" and "yes", respectively.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

Motorskills

Explorer
Hi All,

Thanks for correcting me, apologies for any resulting drama.

Last edited:

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Based on Kalani's question, is the DM's Guild considered a 'rules source' for AL-legal rules items published there? (So, the Mystic that is eventually going to be published to the DM's Guild would require any mystic character to take DM's Guild as its '+1' until such time as it's re-published in another legal rules source?)

(apologies if this one has already been answered, but I'm not aware of any AL-legal rules material** that is currently available via the DM's Guild)

** - note that any DM's Guild material that deals with areas where the AL has not restricted players to only legal rules sources (such as personality traits) are also allowed in AL (subject to DM approval; personality traits the DM feels would be disruptive can be disallowed on a case-by-case basis)

--
Pauper

Last edited:

Remove ads