• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will Google Wave Play a Part in Your Game?

Dannager

First Post
Invites to Google Wave have started going out. I haven't been invited yet, and I don't know of anyone else who has been, but I expect I'll eventually be using this thing like I currently do e-mail.

It strikes me as a potentially powerful tool for tabletop gaming, though. It streamlines collaborative editing for things like group wikis and allows for any number of gadgets that might eventually include things like dice rollers and VTTs.

Has anyone been mulling over ways to improve your game with this new technology?

There is a link to "request an invitation" on the page that you've linked to. I'm going to do so, and see if it takes. Hopefully I'll be gaming up a storm via Google Wave very soon.

Dannager

First Post
The video link attached to that page is long (they even tell you it's long) but it's worth watching. If the common predictions that this tool is going to replace both chat and e-mail as well as doing a bunch of other things hold true, you're going to want to know how it works.

Jack99

Adventurer
No invite here either, sadly, but I will definitely be using G-Wave for my D&D (and work for that matter) if it really can do half the thing shown in the video. I was very impressed when I first saw it.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Thank you for posting this! I hadn't yet heard of Wave, but I can see sooo many uses for it.

"Play by Wave" games could be REALLY cool.

Remove ads