Will There Be a New Indiana Jones RPG?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Neil Bishop said:
Sometimes I wish I had children so I had a genuine reason to buy Lego despite being 39 years old.... ;)

As for Indiana Jones, the RPG, I think Savage Worlds would be a better fit than d20 Modern.
I don't think Pinnacle would want to get into licensed game. They're better off as an indie RPG publisher.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Captain Tagon said:
What? Like the licensed Pirates of the Spanish Main RPG?
Isn't that based on Wizkids' CSG franchise? Not exactly rank up there with Star Wars or Indiana Jones franchises (both owned by Lucasfilms).

Captain Tagon said:
Or the Soloman Kane one?
I may be wrong but isn't that already in the Public Domain?

JPL

Adventurer
Seems pretty unlikely. Would've been announced by now.

Unlike Star Wars, which is a very specific brand of space opera with a unique set of assumptions, Indy is more of a straightahead adventure pulp / cliffhanger homage, and probably a lot easier to model with any modern(ish) ruleset.

A little rejiggering of the Star Wars Saga rules would produce acceptable results.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
What is the Diana Jones Award?

The Diana Jones trophy was originally created by the UK office of TSR Hobbies in the mid-1980s, to commemorate the expiration of that company's licence to publish the Indiana Jones Role-Playing Game and the subsequent destruction of all unsold copies of the game. It was liberated from TSR Hobbies by forces unnamed and subsequently came into the custody of a member of the Diana Jones committee.

The trophy is a four-sided pyramid made of Perspex, standing ten centimetres high and mounted on a wooden base. Sealed within the Perspex are the burnt remains of the last copy of the Indiana Jones RPG, including two still-recognizable cardboard ‘Nazi™’ figures, as recorded in gaming folklore.

The Diana Jones committee believes that a trophy that embodies the destruction of the last copy of one of the games industry’s most unloved and least-mourned products is a suitable symbol for the aims of the Diana Jones Award.​

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The only Indiana Jones game that I've ever heard anybody say genuinely good things about was the 'World of' supplement for WEG's Master Book. And since hardly anybody says good things about Master Book itself, I have to believe that the Indie supplement was pretty clever (I know that the World of Aden supplement was). That said, it isn't inexpensive -- often running around $40 online -- so it might be a while before I check it out.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Klaus said:
If so, i'd love to see Star Wars Saga rejigged into the new d20 Modern (since d20 Modern was already more cinematic).
Actually, Star Wars Saga is a lot more cinematic than d20 Modern, especially in the area of death and dying (HP+ConTrack vs. Mas).

Remove ads