Will you make transsexual Elves canon in your games ?

See the character has their birth gender right, for example say male, whose ancestor was Zandilar so a shard of her divinity ended up in his soul, so he's the Blessed of Zandilar instead of Corellon. So when he changes sexes that is the Shard of Zandilar expressing herself, its him becoming being possessed by a tiny piece of his God, essentially becoming a minor Avatar of Zandilar. Kind of like being ridden by a Loa in Voudon, but more fantastical.

I'm not sure I've grokked all of your idea there, but it seems cool nonetheless :).

Pauln6

Hero
I don't know of any mammal than can change sex at will, and Elves seem like a mammalian species to me.

It is true that Corellon is depicted as androgynous, and that it can be used to justify this ret-con.

Elves are fey, or at least they should be considered such even if they label them as 'humanoid' in this edition. Whether they are fey mammals, I could not say.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I have a cousin who was born female, but identifies himself as male.
If a hypothetical player in my homebrew setting wanted his or her PC (regardless of PC race) to be able to change their sex from male to female every long rest, I have no problems whatsoever with that.

I have a cousin who was born female, but identifies himself as male.
If a hypothetical player in my homebrew setting wanted his or her PC (regardless of PC race) to be able to change their sex from male to female every long rest, I have no problems whatsoever with that.

I understand, but I'm curious: how would you justify it in your game world ?

I don't know of any mammal than can change sex at will, and Elves seem like a mammalian species to me.

It is true that Corellon is depicted as androgynous, and that it can be used to justify this ret-con.

Ret-cons add a change to a previously depicted scene or event. It changes the past. This doesn't change anything previously written and just adds to it. It's not retroactive continuity, it's just regular continuity.

Doesn't affect me. In no place in my campaign setting had I written that elves could not change sexes.
If someone wants to take that option, I have no strong feelings against it. It could be fun and lead to some interesting scenes and moments.

But I'm sure someone out there is super, super happy with this option and idea. So I'm happy for them.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Ret-cons add a change to a previously depicted scene or event. It changes the past. This doesn't change anything previously written and just adds to it. It's not retroactive continuity, it's just regular continuity.

Doesn't affect me. In no place in my campaign setting had I written that elves could not change sexes.
If someone wants to take that option, I have no strong feelings against it. It could be fun and lead to some interesting scenes and moments.

But I'm sure someone out there is super, super happy with this option and idea. So I'm happy for them.

Pretty much this.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

A noble sentiment :).

Remove ads