Will you make transsexual Elves canon in your games ?

Zardnaar

Legend
In my games, changes for new products do not get added during an ongoing game unless all of these are true

it does not disrupt or invalidate existing characters and history.

A player including gm asks for it.

It passes a unanimous vote.

As gm i wont ask since it doesnt add anything that spawns new plots that link to pcs.

No player has yet asked.

So, no.

Next campaign, it will be a posdible inclusion.

This is kinda similar to what I do as well. I might run a restrictive game for example and follow it up with a very sandbox one where anything goes.

5ekyu

Hero
This is kinda similar to what I do as well. I might run a restrictive game for example and follow it up with a very sandbox one where anything goes.
For us a lot of choices at beginning are mutually decided but afyer the game is ongoing little changes.

Zardnaar

Legend
For us a lot of choices at beginning are mutually decided but afyer the game is ongoing little changes.

Yeah the campaign needs to be consistent I think regardless of what you are doing IMHO. Magi tech on Darksun not so much on Eberron sure.

Yaarel

He Mage
As DM, I kinda feel weird about roleplaying an NPC romantic interest for a PC character.

I feel like everyone would have to really be into the Romance genre ... heh, or be openly flirting in reallife ... to make it work.

I might describe a particular NPC showing interest. And maybe something lighthearted and suggestive. But I dont really dwell on it.

If the player shows interest, I let him or her run the NPC and roleplay the relationship. I have had more than one player run two player characters that were a duo in a relationship.

I do similar with other family members and friends, but these are usually more offcamera during the adventure. I try to make sure I have permission before I mess with their family characters for adventure hooks.

How do you guys handle this stuff?

Mostly the same. Anything beyond casual conversation or, at most, light/flirty banter happens "off-screen." But even if it's mostly "fade to black," such events are still a part of character development, and it's not like I have the NPCs forget what happened afterward.

(The above applies to all manner of romantic/sexual encounters with PCs, regardless of the gender of the participants.)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Also, I mean I just gotta ask: would a M->F or F->M player actually want to play a sex shifting character? I would assume they'd be more likely to play a character of the sex they transitioned into (or are transitioning into or want to be)? (Assuming they're going for a self-insert character.) Honestly asking.
So, first of all, that “M->F/F->M” terminology is not favored by most trans people. It puts emphasis on the person’s sex and the process of transitioning, instead of on the person’s gender and their identity. And it’s kind of invalidating to trans folk who either can’t or don’t want to transition physically. The most widely preferred terms are “trans woman” for someone who was assigned male at birth but identifies as w woman. and “trans man” for someone who was assigned female at birth but identifies as a man. And that terminology is equally applicable to trans folks regardless of whether or not they are transitioning or what stage of transition they may be in.

That out of the way, I can only speak for myself, but if I was going to make a self-insert character for some reason, I would definitely make that character an AMAB trans woman just like I am. Being trans has had a huge impact on my life, and I am a different person as a direct result of being trans than I would be if I had been an AFAB cis woman. Any character that was meant to be my avatar in a fictional world would need to be trans to feel true to who I am. Being trans is as much a part of my identity as being a woman is.

Of course, I don’t really make self-insert characters (any more. I did more when I was younger, and most of them were cis men cause I hadn’t realized I was trans are that point in my life. Though I did on occasion create cis women that I didn’t frame as self-inserts at the time, but in retrospect totally were.) And the characters I make are all over the gender spectrum. I make cis men and women most often, but I also enjoy playing trans and new non-binary characters on occasion as well.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
As DM, I kinda feel weird about roleplaying an NPC romantic interest for a PC character.

I feel like everyone would have to really be into the Romance genre ... heh, or be openly flirting in reallife ... to make it work.

I might describe a particular NPC showing interest. And maybe something lighthearted and suggestive. But I dont really dwell on it.

If the player shows interest, I let him or her run the NPC and roleplay the relationship. I have had more than one player run two player characters that were a duo in a relationship.

I do similar with other family members and friends, but these are usually more offcamera during the adventure. I try to make sure I have permission before I mess with their family characters for adventure hooks.

Pretty much the same here. I’d be willing to do a little “on-camera” romantic roleplaying if a player expressed an interest in that and the rest of the group was ok with it, but it would be pretty light, fluffy kind of stuff, and I’d keep it brief. But I’ve never really had a player express such a desire, and that’s perfectly fine with me.

Yaarel

He Mage
Pretty much the same here. I’d be willing to do a little “on-camera” romantic roleplaying if a player expressed an interest in that and the rest of the group was ok with it, but it would be pretty light, fluffy kind of stuff, and I’d keep it brief. But I’ve never really had a player express such a desire, and that’s perfectly fine with me.

Women gamers have been a standard part of my D&D experience. I notice, their influence tends make men gamers pay more attention to the relationships of their character. And it is great for setting immersion.

Yaarel

He Mage
Next time I am a player, I think I will try run two characters, two brothers, one straight and one gay. See where it goes.

Remove ads