Willowhaunt's City of the Spider Queen

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Very well then, carry on. We're wasting daylight just standing around! Onward and upward and inward and all that whatnot," Wimzig says to the scouts, and begins to walk briskly behind them, Aegis Ward by his side.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Right, definitely! The sooner we go, the better." Tadius follows Wimzig out.

Willowhaunt

First Post
The scouts that Randal Morn has summoned lead you across a calm, quiet countryside, the occasional farm, and a good deal of forest, most of which is slowly being logged...after about five hours, as the sun falls towards the horizon, you find a change in the landscape. The trail winds past a low, rounded hill dotted with jutting boulders and dense briar patches. Sere grasses crown its barren slopes. Beyond this first rampart, a long chain of rugged hills stretches out to the south and the east- the Dagger Hills. The trail turns here and continues south, skirting the lower slopes. Two old, small, stone buildings stand here in the shadow of the hill. The ruined shells of several more stand nearby, overgrown with rough brown grass. A niche has been cut into the hillside just past the surface buildings. Within it, a stone door stands closed inside a masonry alcove.

One of the scouts turns to you. "We're here, and this is where we're going to have to leave you to do whatever you adventurers are going to do. We have countless more duties back towards town. I'm sorry that we cannot help you further, but from what I've heard from Lord Morn about your skill, we'd just be getting in your way anyway."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Right, yes, thank you, then." Tadius flashes an excited smile and waves a good-bye to the scouts, "In we go, then." He starts trotting toward the door.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Wimzig took a spot in the middle of the party, with Aegis Ward standing in front of him. He had picked up a few torches in town, and carried one now. He had his loaded heavy crossbow on his belt and his hooked hammer in the other hand. While waiting, he had strapped himself into elegant mithril full-plate armor, decorated with bronze etchings of gears and wires.

Willowhaunt

First Post
Great stone double doors bar the entrance to this mausoleum. The doors or the lintel may have once borne an inscription or crest, but centuries of wind and rain have erased any such marking, just as the have eroded the structure of the building itself, leaving cracked walls and crumbling mirtar in their wake.

Beyond the doors lies a large, stone chamber, which has clearly not lain undisturbed since its crafting. Human refuse is strewn about the room as if this place has served as a campsite for more than one group of travelers, bandits, or grave robbers. Four closed doors lead out of this chamber.

deadestdai

First Post
Jenlan tapped a finger against his brow. Now. If I were an evil elf with aggressive tendancies and bad fashion sense, which door would I come out from?

Bilix cut in. If you were an evil elf, I would have eaten you already. Stop being so dramatic - before we even think about opening these doors shouldn't one of us make sure they haven't been lovingly protected with traps?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Aegis and I will take the first door here on the left," Wimzig says, walking over briskly. He mutters a brief prayer to Gond to grant him the skill he needs, and then carefully searches the door, having Aegis Ward lifting him up to inspect places higher than he can reach. If he finds anything untoward, such as a trap, he attempts to disarm it. He then checks to see if it is locked, and attempts to unlock it if it is. He then moves to repeat the process on the other three doors if it has not already been done.

OOC - Casting wieldskill to give him +5 competence bonus to Search checks, makes total Search bonus +7. Disable Device and Open Lock are both at +14.

Ferrix

Explorer
Having remained relatively quiet and observing her companions, they do not trouble her spirit, although the snippity little dragon must be quite the bundle of joy for the gnome. She warmly thanks the guide for bringing them this far, giving him a warm hug, and then seeing him off.

Within the chamber, she watches Wimzig examine the doors, "do be careful Wimzig." She then strolls about the chamber taking in the various features and sounds of the room.

OOC: Just keeping spot and listen checks +13 each

Remove ads