Will's AD&D 2nd Edition - Who knows where it will go!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What good is a glass dagger?" Aego mutters to himself, translating the runes out loud then repeating the words to the others.

"I'm make sure to hold it by the pointy end," he jokes as he certainly does not touch the sharp side.

"Anyone mind if I hang on to this for the moment?"

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary kept rooting around cautiously.

"Long as you like.. Maybe figure out the damned riddle while you're at it." The bard said creeping.

The little white mouse eeked and ran up the hobbit's leg, disappearing in his pantaloons.

"Bobby left the place a bit of a mess...Eww."

JustinCase

A thought occurs to Aego, and he holds up the dagger before his eyes. Can he see through the glass blade, and if so, what does he see?

JharyOConnah

Explorer
Jhary leaned back, peeking at the stone kobolds in the other room. "Well. Everyone knows kobolds can't hold a tune..."

Jhary walked next to Aego, just to look at the dagger again. "...least not a good one..." The little white mouse ran back up the hobbit's leg and into his breast pocket.

"I'm hungry." The short musician whined.

William Smith1

Explorer
Aego holds the dagger up in front of his eyes. Looking inside he sees a tiny disc with runes inscribed on it. After much examination he deciphers the runes. They simply say "four".

JustinCase

Aego thinks hard about the meaning of Four.

Perhaps there is a fourth door, a fourth trap, that the dagger aids in passing through without harm?

Maybe it is a useless weapon until the fourth stab?

It could be just that it is the fourth in a set of glass daggers, or a set of glass weaponry. Wouldn’t that be a magnificent sight!

”Four,” he muses out loud. ”Anyone know why there is the text ‘four’ in the hilt of this dagger? I’m open to suggestions.”

William Smith1

Explorer
Nothing happens when Aego says "Four". Dorana looks at the ceiling of the room and sees no more daggers. Aego happens to turn the dagger around and sees in tiny script on the back side of the disk: Property of the Warlock

Remove ads