• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wimps

Nifft

Penguin Herder
el-remmen said:
They also discovered the horrible slave-like condition the orc women lived in and how they were kept for one reason alone.

For poop, right?
Pesky otyughs.

Cheers, -- N

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
el-remmen said:
In my "Out of the Frying Pan" game, the PCs once fought feral orc babies in the orc spawning chamber which also served as the poop-drainage room for the levels above.

They also discovered the horrible slave-like condition the orc women lived in and how they were kept for one reason alone.

There you have it: Poop, Children and Sex.

But did the PC's cuss when they figured it out?

Shemeska

Adventurer
Scribble said:
I guess I can see their point from a corporate standpoint. But still. Demonic Children are creepy and cool. ;)

"Suffer the Little Children" by Steven King. Enough said. :cool:

We won't even go into the ten degrees of "is just not acceptable" in my campaign involving a fiend known as Yrsinius the Younger (essentially an infant Baernaloth, the abandoned result of a pre-yugoloth attempt at fiendish procreation).

Evil isn't pleasant, but then again I don't have to worry about corporate/public relations when I write stuff, whereas WotC does. I still think it was an overblown reaction to cut the critter from the book, you'd have to go far further than that to raise any kind of outcry now, but on another level I can see their point of view.

shilsen

Adventurer
Silly choice, even though I understand their reasoning (no, understanding does not equal agreement).

The no.1 best element for creepy/horror games sessions is babies. I remember there was a great thread here on moments when the DM managed to creep out the players, and about 50% or more involved babies.

gizmo33

First Post
Isn't there already a killer god-baby in the Epic Level handbook? That's all we need is for them to become like drow. Is next year going to be the Year of the Baby?

Dykstrav

Adventurer
Poop? Anyone ever played Rappan Athuk? There's a dung monster prowling the first level. And I seem to remember a sudden rash of feces golems and fecal-themed fiends after Dogma came out. ;)

Dykstrav

Adventurer
gizmo33 said:
Isn't there already a killer god-baby in the Epic Level handbook?

Yeah, the atropal. I do remember hearing more than one "ewwwwww" around the game table upon seeing a dead baby-themed undead.

Trickstergod

First Post
Dykstrav said:
Seems that violence against children is the final frontier of objectionable content these days. I seem to remember a demonic critter somewhere that was basically a baby from the waist up and some sort of hellish/abyssal crab from the waist down.

It's in the second Creature Collection, I believe. The Creature Collection's had a few child-like monsters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads