• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wind Effects Table

NeonWolf

First Post
I was toying with the idea of making a Reverse Missiles spell. Primarily for physical objects at first. I thought I'd use Infuse Object with Wind and then use a wind side effect to buffet the arrows away. Yes, I know that I most likely wouldn't have control But it was a starting point. It was then I found that I can't find the "wind effects table" anywhere. All of the elemental side effect to do with wind refer to it. But I can't find it anywhere. Is it there?

Any comments on how to do Reverse Missiles?

G.A. Donis

First Post
I think this is referring to the Wind Effects table in the DMG. It is on page 87. According to the table Stong winds (21-30 mph) give a -2 to hit. Severe winds (31-50 mph) give -4 and anything above is impossible for ranged weapons.

NeonWolf

First Post
Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the table. I suspect I may have to go back to the drawing board for my Reverse Missiles.

Dave Blewer

First Post
A 3rd level Wall of Air spell will create a Wall of Windstorm which makes ranged attacks impossible and even siege weapons suffer a -4 attack.

4th level Abjure Air allows you to stand in the midst of that Windstorm and fire arrows at your enemies without any penalty

:)

Remove ads