• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Winning races:tiefling is up

Hawke

Explorer
Yeah some of those racial powers are interesting... and the replacement feat that replaces infernal wrath is pretty crazy... while I can see other feats being taken over it early on I think by level 10 it'll be pretty high on the list. I've always sort of disliked Infernal Wrath comparatively, I wonder if some of those "eh" racial powers will be replaced with some feat swaps like this in the future.

Dire Bare

Legend
Time to play a Tiefling Paladin/Warlock!!! But now I have to decide to hybrid or multiclass, and if multiclass, which class will be my main?

Should be fun making the decisions! :)

Mentat55

First Post
I like the Hellfire Arcanist feat, as a nice complement to the Hellfire Blood feat (though the feat bonus to fire damage overlaps). However, there are very few wizard powers with the fear keyword, and none (that I can find) that push, pull, or slide the target.

I guess this is more useful, then, for tiefling warlocks that dabble in wizard, or vice versa.

Byronic

First Post
Diabolic Transformation is strong, very strong. Perhaps too strong.

The feats where you multiclass as a wizard are rather nice though. Especially for Infernal Warlocks, which is great since they really needed a bonus in that area.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Diabolic Transformation is way too strong -- but worse, it's turning a nice little Encounter bonus into an encounter-changing Daily power.

Wizard's Wrath is like an Epic power, but better.

Hmm, -- N

Gunpowder

First Post
Diabolic transformation reminds me WoW's warlock skill metamorphosis. very flashy but ultimately doesn't change play a whole lot. The regeneration is the exception because that is very sexy but the +damage and encounter power is alright for being a daily.

Last edited:

Hawke

Explorer
I agree with the power's strength... I wonder if it'd be more balanced if it was JUST the daily and not combined with the other power?

Byronic

First Post
I agree with the power's strength... I wonder if it'd be more balanced if it was JUST the daily and not combined with the other power?

Considering the Encounter version with the daily is almost as powerful as the Encounter power they usually get.

I suppose the daily is okay as it is if you have 4 encounters in a day though.

kaomera

Explorer
Replacing a Racial Encounter power with a Racial Daily seems like opening a can of worms. The power is cool and flavorful, but it's going to matter a whole heck of a lot how many encounters you're packing into a "day".

Remove ads