• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Winnipeg Gameday - Come Sign Up!

Nyaricus

First Post
I'll wait till we have more of a consensus here. In any case:

Khayman
Omand
Darth Shoju
devilbat
and myself (Nyaricus)
and lurkers/other groupmates

are all potential canidates for this Game Day. Great, who's DMing? :D

Darth Shoju

First Post
Nyaricus said:
I'll wait till we have more of a consensus here. In any case:

Khayman
Omand
Darth Shoju
devilbat
and myself (Nyaricus)

are all potential canidates for this Game Day. Great, who's DMing? :D

LOL good question. I haven't been a screen monkey for a few years. Any thoughts as to what module we'll run through? Are we looking for something that can be finished in a single session?

BlackMoria

First Post
Its a bit of a drive from The Pas, but I may be able to make the 25th since preliminary planning at this point indicates that I may be in the 'Peg on the 23-24 Nov for meetings. Staying another day shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, this is all conditional on the meetings happening in the first place as the meetings are just at the planning stage.

That said, if I can make it, I can DM.

Nyaricus

First Post
Darth Shoju said:
LOL good question. I haven't been a screen monkey for a few years.
I DM for my group, so I was also hoping to play. (btw, Screen Monkey is a brilliant term for a DM :D)

Darth Shoju said:
Any thoughts as to what module we'll run through? Are we looking for something that can be finished in a single session?
I'm not sure, but yes, something we can run through in a single session would be nice; it's good to have a sense of completion. Something we could run in 3-4 hours, given a bit of leeway on either side. Of course, if we get enough people, hopefully there will be multiple people playing a bunch of different games all at once, which would be fun :)

Of course, for us ENnies, I want to get a game going just for us, space allowing :)

Black Moria said:
Its a bit of a drive from The Pas, but I may be able to make the 25th since preliminary planning at this point indicates that I may be in the 'Peg on the 23-24 Nov for meetings. Staying another day shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, this is all conditional on the meetings happening in the first place as the meetings are just at the planning stage.

That said, if I can make it, I can DM.
Black Moria, that sounds good. I will talk with Scott about that date, although from the email I got back from him, I beleive he's indicating that a Sunday might be a good day for this as well (busy scedual & that's a day they are closed; thus it'd be a decent day for a Game Day).

I am sending him an email back right now to see specifically what he meant (likely I'm just not reading that email right *fizzle*) and I'll get back to you and the rest in this thread ASAP aout that :)

In any case, if you can make it, *awesome*; the more the merrier :D

cheers,
--N

devilbat

First Post
I could probably be convinced to run one of Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics, or do a tournament style wizards battle, like the one I played in Gen Con a few years back.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Nyaricus said:
I DM for my group, so I was also hoping to play. (btw, Screen Monkey is a brilliant term for a DM :D)
cheers,
--N

LOL one of my favs but I lifted it from Knights of the Dinner Table so I can't take credit.

:D

Nyaricus

First Post
Darth Shoju said:
LOL one of my favs but I lifted it from Knights of the Dinner Table so I can't take credit.

:D
Ah, icic.

I have a few big updates to present tomorrow, but for now, I'll leave it at this:

The last Sunday of November is going to be the date we Game on. The Beer Baron/Scott and I are more or less confirming this, and I am going to meet up with him sometime this week hopefully to chat and talk about what's happening :)

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus

First Post
Hey Winnipeg Dragon, and welcome!

In any case, here is the news update:

The Beer Baron (aka Scott) and myself are both organising our respective groups to come out on the same day for a co-operative EN World/Minimaxer Game Day. That means that at any given time there will be D&D, DDM and a few other RPG-style games going on at once, showcasing a variety of different styles and types of gameplay.

The date is going to be the 26th, which is the last Sunday of November. I'm not sure of the the exact length of the Game Day, but likely there will be a morning session, lunch and then an afternoon session; although exact timing will be worked out.

So, Scott and I both have 20 respective spots which can be filled; 20 ENnies, and 20 Minimaxers. So, in light of space issues, once we get a full roll-call of Winnipeggers together, we will then be able to see how many others (meaning friends and such who aren't members on EN World and Minimaxers) can come.

So the size is going to be a bit tight, so I'll say it again: if you are an ENnie from Winnipeg, sign up now!

cheers,
--N

Nyaricus

First Post
Just continuing the list of participants:

Khayman
Omand
Darth Shoju
devilbat
BlackMoria
WinnipegDragon
and myself (Nyaricus)

only 13 slots left (assuming all can attend) - if you haven't said 'hi' and wish to attend, come here and say HI already :D

cheers,
--N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads