• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wintertouched/Lasting Frost/Frost Weapon.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Sorry to partially steal this thread but I have a question thats related, I believe.

Say I take a few feats to enhance lightning damage (lightning arc, etc) then I acquire a lightning weapon, when I switch it to lightning damage instead of physical do I count the feat bonus into damage rolls and effects of weapon powers when I use that weapon (powers that by themselves do not have the lightning keyword.)?

Yes, see the PHB FAQ #15.

DracoSuave

First Post
I got over worrying about this. Its not so much this feat combination that worries me, its the absense of synergies for other elements that gripes me. Sure, there are feats for other elements, but it just seems like frost is the go cause these two feats synergise so well. It just seems unnatural that there are so many "frost users" out there simply because of a two feat combo istead of issue of game lore.

Depends. Arcane users can instead do a Lightning/Thunder build. Take all thunder powers, and use a lightning staff/dagger/sword as your implement. For two feats, every time you hit, you get +1 to hit and +1/tier damage until the next turn, which synergizes with Solid Sound, et al. You can start this at heroic, relying on the usual methods for Combat Advantage. If you need a feat to get CA, you're not trying.

And that's not even looking at Arcane Fire as a heroic feat replacement for fire wizards/sorcerers packing frost sticks/daggers.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
I got over worrying about this. Its not so much this feat combination that worries me, its the absense of synergies for other elements that gripes me. Sure, there are feats for other elements, but it just seems like frost is the go cause these two feats synergise so well. It just seems unnatural that there are so many "frost users" out there simply because of a two feat combo istead of issue of game lore.

The main problem is that the elemental feats for all the other elements are pretty awful, and for no real good reason.

I mean really - why is there no "deal ongoing" feat for fire and acid? Why no knockback for thunder? etc etc.

Remove ads