Wish Me Luck: I'm Reading the DM Guide Cover To Cover!

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Wait a minute... Hyp, is there really a "what kind of Gygaxian prostitute are you?" quiz? Or is that just Photoshop? I'm really hoping for the former, because that'd be hilarious.

Demiurge out.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
demiurge1138 said:
Wait a minute... Hyp, is there really a "what kind of Gygaxian prostitute are you?" quiz? Or is that just Photoshop? I'm really hoping for the former, because that'd be hilarious.

Sorry... I threw the image together a while back when I had the idea for the quiz and simply couldn't be bothered writing it :)

But feel free to do one yourself! ;)

-Hyp.

arscott

First Post
Crothian said:
I read all my books cover to cover, doesn't everybody??
Did anybody read the 3.5 books cover to cover? and if so, why?

Given that I'd already read the 3.0 DMG and the Manual of the Planes, what would the point be?

saethone

First Post
i'm a dm, and the only book ive read cover to cover is book of exhalted deeds :p i flip through the rest

granted, i've probly read 90% of them all in my flippings/referrings

shilsen

Adventurer
arscott said:
Did anybody read the 3.5 books cover to cover? and if so, why?

I did, so that I could see exactly what they'd changed, in form and content, both big and little. And boy, were there a lot of changes, ranging from entire chapters to slight turns of phrase that one could very easily miss!

Given that I'd already read the 3.0 DMG and the Manual of the Planes, what would the point be?

See above.

Driddle

First Post
A thorough knowledge of the text comes in handy when one is arguing against the stupidity of gaming fundamentalists who quote DMG (and PHB) verses out of context for their own nefarious uses. I did the same thing after being left speechless when the ol' grump up the street quoted at me, "A die for a die."

Remove ads