• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wishing Health to Bastion Press's Steve Creech

tensen

First Post
While Steve Creech is currently heavily medicated, we at Dark Quest would just like to wish him a fast recovery from his surgery.

And I promise not to forward you all the spam I get for Vicodin ads.

Heres to good health from now on. (I'll drink your share of alcohol until you are fit to carry on in your own stead.)

Sheridan

First Post
Gabapentin said:
I didn't realize Steve was hospitalized. Despite my ignorance, I hope Steve is back to his old self soon!

I also didn't know - not that I was expecting to be alerted or anything! :)

Take care of yourself, Steve. I hope all goes well for you.

-Scott Moore
*Sheridan

Thanks, everyone! I went into the hospital last Saturday for an emergency gall bladder removal and came home Monday evening. There have been a few minor complications but I am just trying to take it extremely easily because of the soreness involved with such a procedure. I also found out last night that is is not a wise thing to make quick sudden movements after major surgery. It gives all new definition to the word 'Pain'. :)

Needless to say, Vicodin is my best friend at the moment.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Best wishes for a fast & uncomplicated recovery, Steve!

Also, in the spirit of the great pre-Gen Con post about the science of sleep deprivation (the author escapes me now): I used to be a neuroscientist in a previous existence, and one of the things that stuck with me is that when taking painkillers that have a risk of dependence, the best way to approach it is to take them on the recommended schedule *regardless of whether you're maximally hurting right then or not*.

Some people who are worried about becoming addicted try not to take too many pills by waiting until they can't take it any more before taking the next dose. This can actually backfire: the up and down created by having pain reach a peak and then relieving it with a drug is what activates biological addiction mechanisms in the brain.

Forgive me if this is unwanted advice, or if it's wrong of me to assume that Vicodin is a friend you're going to want to ditch before too long ;)

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
BastionPress_Creech said:
I went into the hospital last Saturday for an emergency gall bladder removal and came home Monday evening. There have been a few minor complications but I am just trying to take it extremely easily because of the soreness involved with such a procedure.
Take care Steve. Hope your recovery is quick and uneventful
BastionPress_Creech said:
I also found out last night that is is not a wise thing to make quick sudden movements after major surgery. It gives all new definition to the word 'Pain'. :)
Yes, so my sister-in-law, who just had her's out 3 weeks ago, has told my wife and I.

Remove ads