• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Witchoil in Wayfarer's lantern

hirou

Explorer
Obviously, spoilers for adventures 4-5 ahead.

In "Always on Time" the party has a chance of obtaining Wayfarer's Lantern, which can be extremely useful in the infiltration of Cauldron Hill complex in the Bleak Gate. It is said that by the beginning of adventure 5 the party can obtain "three dozes of oil", infused with the essence of the given plane (it is said that the oil comes in 3 varieties with different level; it is unclear, three dozes of which level they can obtain). However, in adventure two the party has likely obtained a whole cistern of witchoil from McBennin's manor (and later there's a chance to grab one more barrel at the fair). Wouldn't witchoil be perfect for "oil infused with the essence of Bleak Gate" role?

I can both support and refute this path of thinking, and would like to know your opinion on the matter. Having an easy way into Bleak Gate can significantly ease the party way, but I don't want to deny them the resources clearly given before...

Sure, witchoil can get you into the Bleak Gate. It's just oils to other planes that are limited. The trick is that staying in that plane for more than five minutes requires amulets that user magic the Ob know but the party doesn't.

hirou

Explorer
Thanks for clarification! Well, now I've got all the more incentive to save Luc from RHC in the end of "Always on time"...

Remove ads