• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

With the release of Mad Max: Fury Road, I've been working on assembling a collection of Dark Sun 5E conversion materials.

Acr0ssTh3P0nd

First Post
While I understand and agree with the policy of uploading files when at all possible, I'd prefer to post a link to the Google Drive folder for this particular topic, since this is a collection of WIP files, and I want to change them as I get feedback without having to reupload each change.

Anyway, here's the link. If you have any feedback or requests (things you think I should add that I haven't), please let me know!

Also, here's the content of the Races document, since that one's small enough that it wouldn't go over the post word count :)
Dark Sun Races
Aarokocra and Half-Giant
Use the Aarokocra and Goliath races, respectively, both of which can be found in the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion. For the Goliath, replace the Mountain Born feature with the following:
Wasteland Born. You are naturally adapted to hot climates.

Mul
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and your Strength score increases by 1.
Size. Mul have the same height as a taller human and the physique of dwarves. An average mul can easily be six and a half feet tall and weigh over 200 pounds Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common.
Extraordinary Stamina. You are resistant to poison damage, and have advantage on Constitution saving throws against disease. If you are not suffering from exhaustion, you also have advantage on Constitution saving throws to avoid gaining a level of exhaustion.
Additionally, you only need to consume a minimum of one gallon of water per day in temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
Efficient Rest. You only need four hours of sleep, in addition to four hours of little-to-no work, in order to gain the benefits of a long rest.

Thri-Kreen
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Languages. You can speak Thri-Kreen, and read and write, but not speak, Common.
Sleepless. You don’t need to sleep when taking a long rest, and may instead remain alert and perform light tasks. Some theorise that this ability is the reason for the short lifespan of the thri-kreen - most do not live long past 30 years old.
Leaper. Your long jump is up to 30 feet long, and your high jump is up to 15 feet, with or without a running start.
Chameleonic Carapace. Your chitinous outer plating changes color to match your surroundings. If you do not move on your turn while lightly obscured or pressed against a rough surface, you may make a Dexterity (Stealth) check to hide.
Extra Limbs. You have two extra arms that grow from the middle of your torso. You may wield one extra two-handed weapon or up to two extra one-handed weapons; however, you may only attack with one set of arms on your turn. If one set of hands is free at the start of your turn, you may do one additional interaction with an object on your turn.

Elf
Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2 and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern colour in darkness, only shades of grey.
Languages. You can speak Common and Elvish.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Desert Wanderer. You gain proficiency with the Survival skill.
Elf Run State. After 10 minutes of warm-up and meditation, you can enter an elven run state. During this time, you are naturally adapted to hot climates and require no food and half as much water as normal, as long as you do nothing but run. You may end this state at any time.
At the end of every next 24 hour period after the first, you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or gain a level of exhaustion. If you fail your save by 5 or more, your elf run state also ends. The DC for these saves starts at 10 and increases by 5 until your elf run state ends. You must finish a long rest to regain the use of this feature.
Athasian Elf Weapon Training. You gain proficiency with the longbow, shortbow, javelin, and spear.

I'm hoping that WotC puts out some rough psionics rules in an upcoming Unearthed Arcana, so I can make sure my homebrew is as close to the eventual official release as possible. Anyway, have fun roaming the wastes of Athas and rolling up a new character every other session!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads