• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizard Multiclass Warlock

Caliber

Explorer
So does a Wizard who switches out a power for a Warlock Utility or Daily get to write down two spells into his spellbook to replace the two he has trades away?

Could he keep one Wizard spell and one Warlock spell?

Runestar

First Post
IIRC, you lose only the spell you traded out. Considering that the soonest you can trade out a daily power is at lv10, by then you would have 3 daily spell slots (and at least 6 daily spells in your spellbook). So you would erase the spell you swapped out, but since you are not swapping in any new spells, you wouldn't add any to your spellbook, leaving you with 5 spells.:)

yu gnomi

Explorer
When a wizard swaps a daily or utility power, he loses all spells of that level. I'm not sure exactly where the rules say that, but I'm pretty sure they do.
You don't get two powers in exchange for this, only one.

Last edited:

firesnakearies

Explorer
When a wizard swaps a daily or utility power, he loses all spells of that level. I'm not sure exactly where the rules say that, but I'm pretty sure they do.
You don't get two powers in exchange for this, only one.

This. I'm 100% certain of it. I believe that this question is answered in detail in the official FAQ.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads