• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizard/Rogue

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tharian said:
Don't forget to take a look at Weapon Focus: Rays

WF (Ray) is not worth the investment. Unless you have feats to burn (and as a spellcaster, you never do), you are better with Precise shot and point blank shot.

They will help you hit opponents in melee more consistently than WF (Ray). The only benefit to WF is that it works at a range greater than 30', BUT with rays, you generally only need a touch attack (so you don't need to bypass a huge AC). Spell penetration/GSP will eventually pay off, but WD (Ray) is unlikely to, unless you expect to be shooting rays at high-touch-AC opponents at a distance ouotside of combat.

Last edited:

mzsylver

Explorer
Hooray

People have had great suggestions so far.

Since you have Point Blank, definitely take Precise Shot next. Practiced Spellcaster is a MUST. It will make your life not pain. Consider taking Mobile Spellcasting once you reach high enough level. The ability to move into position, attack, and then hide around the corner is amazing.

Other great feats are Maximize and Empower. Empowered, Maximzed scorching rays, ray of enfeeblements, vampiric touches, kisess of the vampire, orbs, and enervations are the way to go.

Instead of Weapon Focus Ray, I would consider Improved Crit (when you finally get the bab) Ray or Touch spell. It is the hot.

DreamSeeker

First Post
My character

Hey guys I´ve made an arcane trickster too and it isn´t as great as I thought but I loved it.
I got some ideas looking after what I could do with my spell and feats and here is the result.
I get the following metamagic feats: slip ray and quicken spell because both of them are good and as the rays are my priority I tried to make my char be good on it.
And here´s what I did: with the slip ray I can add an aditional ray to my ray spells as desintegrate or enervetion and the with the quicken spell and with both of them I could shot three rays in a single round draining 3d4 levels and doing 7d6 on the sneak attack
I think you should see these feats... =)

Hey everybody sorry for my english because if there are some thing that I forget in the menssage or iy you didn´t understand I´m really sorry :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads