• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards and Multiclassing

Krensus

First Post
Something's been bothering me for a while and I thought I'd ask since I hadn't seen it addressed. When a wizard multiclasses into something else, do they continue to memorize their spells for the day as before when they take Power Swap feats? Can they give up the extra spells they get from their Spell Book class feature and Expanded Spellbook feat?

Basically what I'm asking is can you prepare a martial power?

am181d

Adventurer
Something's been bothering me for a while and I thought I'd ask since I hadn't seen it addressed. When a wizard multiclasses into something else, do they continue to memorize their spells for the day as before when they take Power Swap feats? Can they give up the extra spells they get from their Spell Book class feature and Expanded Spellbook feat?

Basically what I'm asking is can you prepare a martial power?

No. In all cases, the set of 2 or 3 daily powers that the Wizard switches between count as 1 power for purposes of retraining, swapping out the powers because of a feat, etc.

Lurker37

Explorer
Regarding preparing a Martial power, note that the spellbook class feature specifically refers to spells, not powers. Martial powers are called exploits, not spells.

So multiclass wizards with martial powers can't put martial powers into their spellbooks, because martial powers are not spells.

Danceofmasks

First Post
I haven't been thinking at all about powers gained through MC Warlock feats.
Not sure if you get multiple choices or not (due to lack of thought, which is in turn due to it being a horrendously underpowered option), but once the Artificer is in, I might take a closer look.

Remove ads