• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards Fall Catalogue

kennew142

First Post
I like buying a new D&D supplement every month. I usually spend about $100.00 a month on gaming materials, except on months when new minis come out - then I spend more. :eek:

I used to buy both Pathfinder and Game Mastery, but with PAIZO out of the D&D market, it looks like I'll be turning to Goodman Games and Necromancer to round out my monthly purchases. Too bad about Paradigm as well. I used to purchase everything they produced. Now that their not going to be doing D&D anymore, we've even canceled our monthly Living Arcanis game days (and our plans to go to Origins).

PatheticWretch

First Post
So much hatred for the purple dragon...

Legend says they're even more powerful than the dreaded pink dragon, which, when engaging its breath weapon, can overcome even the most hardened adventurer with a cone-shaped cocktail of tulips, pillows, and love.

Cyronax

Explorer
Purple Dragons appeared in the oft-forgotten Dragon (Magazine) Compendium that came out in 2005.

"Purple dragons fancy themselves as the lords of all dragonkind. Arrogant, haughty, and domineering, they actively seek out other dragons, both metallic and chromatic, to defeat in battle. The purple dragon's arrogance is well earned. Among the chromatic dragons, only the reds rival their strength and size.

More importantly, purple dragons are among the most intelligent dragons of all dragons.

They also frequently rule over small kingdoms of men and dwarves ......"

Other bits ... their breath weapon was three different forms .... a cone of searing energy, a burst of blinding power, or a deadly blade of pure energy.

So purple is the color of kings in ancient times. Purple is also the color of Bad-Asshood to dragons.

C.I.D.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
This is somewhat random but just sorta popped into my head.

I would love to see a Astral Sea origins Dragon. I imagine a long, slender form that rides the currents of the Astral Sea preying on defenceless Domains and Astral Ships.

Atreides

First Post
As requested, more Goodies:>

Star Wars
Scum and Villainy
November 18
224 pages, $39.95

"new rules and information on smugglers, bounty hunters, crime lords, and anyone else who walks outside the law. "
"product arms players with exciting new options (talents, feats, and the like) for their scoundrel characters."

D&D
Manual of the Planes
December 16th
160 pages, $29.95

"explores the many planes introduced in the 4e DMG. This useful travel guide also comes in handy for players seeking to battle demons, devils, elementals, and other iconic D&D monsters native to the planes"

Does not list the planes unfortunately.

Deluxe PHB, DMG, and MM
October 21st
320, 224, 288 pages $74.95

"embossed, leather bound covers, ribbon book marks, and premium gilt-edged paper"

Scepter Tower of Spellgard
FR Adventure (FR1)
September 16th
96 pages, $24.95

2nd-5th Level
"mysterious presence has taken up residence in one of the towers of Spellgard, and now its dark minions plague the Gray Vale!"

King of the Trollhaunt Warrens (P1)
October 21
96 pages, $24.95

11th-14th
"pits the heroes aagainst a variety of horrible monsters and fiendish foes aas they seek to thwart the evil machincations of the denizens of the Trollhaunt Warrens... stand alone or part of 3-part series that spans 10 levels of gameplay."

Demon Queen's Enclave (P2)
December 16
96 pages, $24.95

14th-17th
"heroes must unravel the plots of the vile minions of Lolth, the infamous Demon Queen of the Spiders. Along the way, they'll face off against drow, demons, and worse!

RavinRay said:
Yep, there's that flightless desert-living brown dragon (as if deserts aren't already crowded with blues and brasses) though it's located in Raurin rather than down south, where yet another flightless desert dragon, the rattelyr, lives.

I wonder how they chose those three colors.

Dont forget the vishap from Al-Quadim, another flightless brown dragon thing that lives in the desert.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
When I think purple dragons my mind goes to a big fat lumbering thing that dances with small children and sings insipid songs.

I love you, you love me
We're a great big family.
With a great big hug
and a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me to!

Banshee16

First Post
Something that bugs me a little is the talk of launching a new class, the Swordmage. A big complaint against 3E that was used to justify 4E is the rules bloat, and lack of balance in later materials. And here we're talking about adding a new core class less than 6 months after the launch of the new edition.......

If the class was that far along in development, shouldn't it be in the core? Seems like we're just setting off down the exact same path as before, but this time, it's planned from the beginning. Do added classes get nearly as much playtesting as a core rules release?

Banshee

Lacyon

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Something that bugs me a little is the talk of launching a new class, the Swordmage. A big complaint against 3E that was used to justify 4E is the rules bloat, and lack of balance in later materials. And here we're talking about adding a new core class less than 6 months after the launch of the new edition.......

A new core class still brings us up to two fewer core classes than 3E had at release.

Banshee16 said:
If the class was that far along in development, shouldn't it be in the core?

Not if they think it needs six months more playtesting.

Banshee16 said:
Seems like we're just setting off down the exact same path as before, but this time, it's planned from the beginning. Do added classes get nearly as much playtesting as a core rules release?

Staffers are already blogging about starting playtests with druids, which aren't slated to come out for at least another year. I think added classes may actually get the amount of playtesting they need this time around.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Banshee16 said:
Seems like we're just setting off down the exact same path as before, but this time, it's planned from the beginning.
You say that like it's a bad thing. I'd rather the designers did plan this from the beginning. I want someone to say "Hey guys, we all know we're gonna have to sell sourcebooks to stay in business; how can we design this system so that "bloat" gives people cool options without killing the game?"

The only thing that bugs me about the Swordmage is that it's in the FRPG, not a generic sourcebook like PHBII or an Arcane Power sourcebook.

Remove ads