Wizards In Winter - Combined Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: ?)

Someone

Adventurer
As you leave the Hanged Man, some conmotion can be heard inside. Apparently, someone has tied together everyone's shoelaces and put a generous amount of pepper into the beer.

A quiet laugh comes from inside Marrgahsh's backpack.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: Looks like we are still waiting to hear from [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], [MENTION=79945]JoeNotCharles[/MENTION], [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION], and [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION].

Once they've checked in, we can begin.

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Oi! One never said one was bringing such lovely lasses upon this fine journey.

*He pauses beside the witch looking up at her. He grins under his masked helm.*

Such a fine lass indeed. One doesn't see many Dryads in there life. It is always a marvel when one does so. MmmmHmmm...

*He states as he continues along his merry way towards Brenwar.*

Ilex looks down at the little 'man' in his armor. Haven been cloistered in her grove for training, she has not seen a man of his stature before and is not sure what to make of him or his accent. If her cheeks were not already red from the winter wind, a person might see her blush from the compliment.

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 1
Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 19
AC 14, Fort 12, Reflex 14, Will 16
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood, Witch Bolt, Light, Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: Chameleon's Mask, Hamadryad Aspects, Glorious Presence
Daily Powers: Augury, Healing Word, Arcane Whirlwind
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Merri wanders down to the docks at her own pace.

She stops to exchange pleasantries with the townfolk whom she passes.

When she finally arrives, she greets everyone pleasantly.

"Hello everyone! My such a big group of people. Who or what are we helping again?"

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Tarkus spots Kauldron talking to Brenwar and strides over to join them. Although his armour is lighter than the two paladins, his military bearing makes it clear that he is in the company of his peers. "Well met!" he calls to Kauldron, a little surprised to find that he is happy to see the goblin again.

[sblock=OOC]
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Tarkus_the_Crusader_(JoeNotCharles)

Oh, and I'm out of town until Monday.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the adventurers gather and begin to shake themselves into groups, anyone paying attention would be able to notice a young woman making her way down the dock. She is clad in grey and brown, lightly armored but carrying a sizable pack. A hooded cloak, perhaps a bit too lightweight for the chill breeze off the water, hides her face, but it seems obvious that she is gazing here and there with a great deal of curiousity as she makes her way towards the boats- and one of the things she is most interested in is the light dusting of snow, and the few stray drifting flakes still in the air.

She stopped once she realized that she was in the right place- just close enough to make it clear that she was part of the group, but not close enough to stand amongst the assembled band.

Rapida

First Post
Brenwar replies in kind to Tarkus' greeting, "Well met indeed, I am Brenwar, Paladin of Palladys. This appears to be a very popular cause after all, and it is definitely attracting quite the variety.", taking a glance at the Ilex and her companions.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sorry, missed the new thread

Getting out of a barge are warlock in bug carapace armor and ancient-robe-wearing deva. Looking at the procession, warlock spots two armored figures.

"Brenwar, Kauldron, what's the matter? You're on the job so soon after this thing?"

Deva doesn't look so surprised, after all, they are paladins, they actively search for the ways to eradicate evil and help people.
"Can we help?"

Son of Meepo

First Post
Valkin nods his head and reaches into the pocket of his jacket. He produces a wrinkled, and smudged piece of paper.

"Aye, here be yer list."

Once all the preparations are complete you are all directed to the ships, one group (high level) to the Star of Arcadia, the other (low level) to the Ocean Strider. There is a slight delay in getting underway due to a commotion at the docs. It appears that in her haste, Caim wandered aboard a fishing vessel, the Sea Star.

"Good, now that ye all be were yar suppos'ta be, I wish you speed and luck on your journey. May the wind always be at yer back."

Valkin waves you off as the ropes lashing the ships to their pier. The sails are then deployed. As the wind catches the sails, filling them the two vessels slowly leave the docks and soon you are underway.

Hours pass uneventfully before the temperature drop suddenly and precipitously as you can just make out the tiny island of Solstice on the horizon.

Occasional messages are exchanged between ships via a series of colored flags. Something catches the eye of Aramais Philaen, the elven captain of the Star of Arcadia and a new series of signals are frantically displayed.

Dalphonse Downwillow, halfling captain of the Ocean Strider reads the signal and then the captains call for the sails to be trimmed to slow down the progress of the ships. The reason for the alarm becomes clear as you all begin to spot the ice floes at the edge of your vision.

[sblock=Nature (DC 13)]The appearance of ice means that the temperature around the island has been well below freezing for a long time, yet winter has only recently come to the area.[/sblock]

Both ships deftly navigate the icy waters but soon the sky begins to darken ahead, a looming storm threatens to make your passage even more perilous. A sudden shift in the wind ruffles the sails of both vessels.

[sblock=Arcana (DC 24)]At the edge of the storm, you can just make out the faint afterglow of a magic ritual. Powerful elemental magic appears to be in use.[/sblock]

[sblock=Nature (DC 16)]The onset of the storm was sudden. The air currents don't reconcile with the weather patterns you had observed earlier.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception (DC 25)]You spot several winged beasts circling within the storm clouds.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just as Martelai started boarding, young eladrin catches up with him.
"Master Luinil, a moment of your time, please. My master, certain eladrin mage from your f ...erm... that is...when you were at...I mean...from your time in Feywild" youth recovers somewhat
"sends you this token in recognition of your success despite your family failings. He wishes you well and sends his regards. He also wanted you to know your family is well."

he bows handing small scroll with black and red ribbon to the half-elf.

Martelai looks up, his face inscrutable.
"I thank you. Tell your master his faith in me will be remembered. And inform the father I am well. Thank you."

Unfurling the scroll he reads it and then touches the symbol near the bottom of it. Short light burst can be seen and the tattoo on his hand glows in response.

"This is quite unexpected. I didn't realize anyone from home followed me. Then again, IAC has various members and contacts and I rose up since the time I was a scribe in Bacarte."

It's not clear whether he talks to himself, the group he's in or something unseen.

OOC: Just getting into play a boon from the last adventure

"Does anyone wants their horoscope made?"
OOC: If you do, roll three 1d20 rolls and post the link :) That's your fate for first three rolls (attack, save, skill) for the day.

Last edited:

Remove ads