Wizards of the Coast wikipedia article

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
If you have not already mined it for info/details, there is WotC's own "about us" section that provides history etc Wizards of the Coast

Mind you, some of it reads like self-advertisment. But it does have some key history dates and "big product" items mentioned.

thanks again for that - i used that and a few other sources to add some really important info that was missing. how is it looking now? anything important not discussed enough or not discussed at all?

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Did you want to mention the other recent changes in presidents? You may wish to check the press releases to see what else to include when the wizards site comes back up.

NVM, it seems the new CMS at wizards is messed up really bad, however the secondary server ww2 is working fine if you want to check out those press releases for more info.

Wizards Press

Also you may wish to make a lawsuits section since there were 3 big ones so far. The ones about MTGSalivation, Primal Order, and WizKids just so people can reference these other things in case they are wondering aobut the companies history or ethics.

Last edited:

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Yeah, but BOZ is doing what he can to clean up the D&D articles on Wikipedia, and WotC is an important part of that.

I saw his work on Gary's article, and think it went a long way. I think there are other articles that may need attention first as the time limit has already passed for the goal of the CD for this article.

Maybe if so many that know so much around here helped it would be good for both the articles and Boz?

Sadly I can't write any better than a can of Spaghetti's Os so can only offer advice on what information may be helpful.

This article seems to have a LONG way to go, and little information and known/reliable sources to go on.

So help him out and be bold as wikipedia says and add more to the article if you have something. I am sure Boz will be thankful for the help.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Did you want to mention the other recent changes in presidents? You may wish to check the press releases to see what else to include when the wizards site comes back up.

NVM, it seems the new CMS at wizards is messed up really bad, however the secondary server ww2 is working fine if you want to check out those press releases for more info.

Wizards Press

Also you may wish to make a lawsuits section since there were 3 big ones so far. The ones about MTGSalivation, Primal Order, and WizKids just so people can reference these other things in case they are wondering aobut the companies history or ethics.

is there a new President since Leeds, since I have up through him. i'll definitely flip through the press releases as time allows, as that's the exact sort of thing i need to see. and absolutely, i would want to put in stuff about the company's legal troubles; I don't think we have anything about WizKids, but the other two are already covered. got a source for that one so i can read? :)

I saw his work on Gary's article, and think it went a long way. I think there are other articles that may need attention first as the time limit has already passed for the goal of the CD for this article.

Maybe if so many that know so much around here helped it would be good for both the articles and Boz?

Sadly I can't write any better than a can of Spaghetti's Os so can only offer advice on what information may be helpful.

This article seems to have a LONG way to go, and little information and known/reliable sources to go on.

So help him out and be bold as wikipedia says and add more to the article if you have something. I am sure Boz will be thankful for the help.

I’m going to keep working on the ones that are expected to be on the CD for a few reasons. 1) The final versions of the articles may or may not have been copied into whatever the editorial team is using to compile them, 2) Selection by bot is no guarantee that the team won’t kick an article off due to low quality, 3) There will be further releases after this one, so we want as many of our articles as we can to be in top quality, 4) There are so few D&D articles of "Good" quality, and the ones I've picked out really should have been there anyway. :) When I'm done with the four I wanted to do, we can always talk about moving on to others…

I got a lot more help on Gary's article, but I haven't seen as much for the WotC … I’m sure that’s partly due to people’s mixed feelings on the subject. But "helping me" doesn't have to come in the form of actually editing the article. you can dig up sources, or make suggestions to me, and I'll implement anything reasonable that I can understand. :)

justanobody

Banned
Banned
ICv2 - WotC, WizKids Settle Lawsuit

I don't know all the presidents of the company, but recall WotC changed in march of this year when a marketing person from Aisa or something like that with Hasbro took over the position, probably to align WotC more with Hasbro thinking, but that is speculation as to the reason, and only know what the press release says about the president changes.

The above link should have other links to the WizKids v WotC information and give ideas about what else to search for on it for the most details allowed on it.

You may also want to mention the restructure system of WotC and the layoffs recently for organizational product focusing.

Last edited:

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
I don't know all the presidents of the company, but recall WotC changed in march of this year when a marketing person from Aisa or something like that with Hasbro took over the position, probably to align WotC more with Hasbro thinking, but that is speculation as to the reason, and only know what the press release says about the president changes.

yep, that was Greg Leeds, already put that in the article. :)

i'm going to be following up tonight on the stuff you've mentioned above...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
We are currently trying to get this one up to Featured Article status! If there's anything you can do to help, check out the nomination page and see what needs fixing! :)

Remove ads