• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards of the Coasts are overcharging us and "TSR"

Thanks for the rely Vartan! To my understandering, the "fluff vs church" arguement is really speaking about the "roleplaying ideas vs rules". Like you mentioned before, I love playing the 3rdE D&D. But I just believe that 2ndE gaming material has a lot more options than 3rdE (2ndE Kits vs Prestige Classes), at lower level. :cool:

Thanks for the rely Vartan! To my understandering, the "fluff vs church" arguement is really speaking about the "roleplaying ideas vs rules". Like you mentioned before, I love playing the 3rdE D&D. But I just believe that 2ndE gaming material has a lot more options than 3rdE (2ndE Kits vs Prestige Classes), at lower level. :cool:

Greylock

First Post
Ohmigawd! I bought two Green Ronin products today. One was older, and it cost me 16.95. The other, newer, book cost 19.95! Ohmigawd!

Fact is, costs and base retails change. The older stuff is in inventory, paid for, and mostly out-of-print. The old retail stands. Newer stuff usually costs more because it cost the manufacturer more.

That said...

Hear this, Alsih20. My fighter takes it in the next session, I'm ready to stat up an Aasimar Avatar! Be warned... :D

Last edited:

Good point Greylock! I remeber paying $20.00 for a 3rdE PHB, And THEN paying a whopping $29.95 for the "3.5" version of it. I like the 3.5 version, due to the fact that the gave the Ranger and Monk classes more presentable to play. As in the the 3rdE, They swap "favorability for rules (Prestige classes vs Kits and Specialty Priests). I just like the old 2ndE feel of flavortism then the 3.5rdE's feel of rules. :D

Kelleris

Explorer
As far as the original 3e books go, that's not a very good comparison. They were deliberately sold at a very thin margin to encourage the original switch to 3e. A full-color 300-page hardcover for $20 is being sold almost at cost.

Greylock

First Post
Yep, the old bait-and-switch, hmmm, Virgil?

Ronin got me hard today. I've been digging their books because they seem to value "fluff" over "crunch". Well, these two books I got today have everything I expected and hoped for in fluff, but the bastids threw in crunch as well!

I feel cheated.

BTW, your complaint regarding WotC is baseless and ill-conceived. Don't view my sarcasm as a compliment to your argument.

HTH

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Virgil Sagecaster said:
While TSR was only concern was to provide gaming material fo us.

I'm sorry, are you referring to the same TSR that was run by gamer "friendly" Lorraine Williams?!?!

Alright, I have been acused of bait-switching (Geylock) and buring my two-handed ax of conspiricey in the the backs of the WoTC (Francisca).

First and farmost, what is the defintion of the "church vs fluff" debate?

.....and what in the Nine-Hells is "bait-switching", Greylock? :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads