• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards stopped adding titles to DriveThruRPG?

lior_shapira

Explorer
I was under the impression that DriveThruRpg and WotC reached an agreement to add nearly all the D&D titles to the store. I even remember that it was published that at least one title will be added every day. I looked now and saw there are only 19 titles there and I haven't seen a new title added in a long time.

Does anyone have any information about this?

lior

sckeener

First Post
lior_shapira said:
I was under the impression that DriveThruRpg and WotC reached an agreement to add nearly all the D&D titles to the store. I even remember that it was published that at least one title will be added every day. I looked now and saw there are only 19 titles there and I haven't seen a new title added in a long time.

Does anyone have any information about this?

good timing...I was looking at Drivethrurpg this morning and thinking the same thing.....so much for the adding a title every day. They stopped awhile back.

wayne62682

First Post
Maybe they realized (again...) that the vast majority of people aren't going to shell out retail hardcover price for a PDF, especially not one with DRM.

lior_shapira

Explorer
Sad and true, I would really like the opportunity to own the pdf's, especially of titles I own hardcovers of.

Which makes me think, a lot of small publishers offer free pdf versions if you buy the print version (and a discount on the print ver. if you buy the pdf). Wizards won't go for that ever would they :) ?

Scribble

First Post
Anyone know what the "rules" are for the wizards DRMs?

I do a lot of cut and pasting stuff into my adventures, but I know sometimes you can't cut and paste with DRM...

lior_shapira

Explorer
A month has passed and no new wizards pdf's have been added to DriveThruRPG. Somehow I get the feeling its more than "delays" or technical difficulties...

lior

sckeener

First Post
Scribble said:
Anyone know what the "rules" are for the wizards DRMs?

I do a lot of cut and pasting stuff into my adventures, but I know sometimes you can't cut and paste with DRM...

Except for Fiend Folio which for some reason I am not allowed to copy & paste, here are the rules for the rest of the PDFs I own from drivethrurpg

Printing: Allowed
Changing the Document: Not Allowed
Document Assembly: Not Allowed
Content Copying or Extraction: Allowed
Content Extraction for Accessiblity: Allowed
Commenting: Allowed
Filling of form fields: Not Allowed
Signing: Not Allowed
Creation of Template Pages: Not Allowed​

One annoyance I have is not being able to add bookmarks. I like to bookmark places I reference frequently.

Henry

Autoexreginated
lior_shapira said:
A month has passed and no new wizards pdf's have been added to DriveThruRPG. Somehow I get the feeling its more than "delays" or technical difficulties...

lior

As a bystander who remembers the hoops and hurdles Codemonkey Publishing has to go through to just get data sets approved, and the fact that it could take up to a year and a half for a book just to go from concept to print, nothing concerns me about the seemingly glacial-pace of the WotC juggernaut, whether the legal dept. or R&D. If they stopped designing new material tomorrow, you'd still have a year of new material to go just from what's in the pipe. ;)

Remove ads