WOIN WOIN Modern Excel-Based Character Sheet

ruy343

Explorer
All,

I'm trying to get an idea of how much interest there might be in a Modern Core WOIN character sheet. Is there anyone here that would like to use one? Are there character sheets available form another source that I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
-ruy343

ruy343

Explorer
Hmmm... well, Windows didn't like running that unrecognized file, so I guess I'll have to start from scratch.

That's OK though - it's not my first rodeo. I put something together for the Star Trek Adventures RPG for the lifepath character creation system, and it turned out pretty well, but wasn't widely adopted (that I know of).

Here's hoping that it turns out to help the community at least a little bit. I'll post updates as I get working on it.

ruy343

Explorer
Reviving this topic to ask the following question:

I've been making the excel character sheet generator, and I'm wondering where I should draw the line in terms of helping the player with character creation vs. respecting the intellectual property in the books (i.e. not including all exploits/backgrounds/etc.) and leaving blanks for the player to fill in themselves. Where do you guys, and the designer, who frequents this forum, think that I should draw the line?

TreChriron

Adventurer
Supporter
Add the Open Gaming License and only include content from sources released under the OGL (which I believe is all of core books and EONS...). Then you can include all the lists or text you want. :-D Just create a sheet with the license on it, with a disclaimer at the top like "this character creation Excel sheet is released under the terms of the Open Gaming License included below. What's OLD is NEW, WOIN, O.L.D., N.O.W., and N.E.W. are copyright ENPublishing."

At the end of the OGL, in section 15 add;

Open Game License v 1.0a Copyright 2000, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
What’s O.L.D. is N.E.W. Rules Reference Document (WRRD) by Russ Morrissey. Copyright 2015 EN Publishing. More info at www.woinrpg.com.
WOIN Excel Character Sheet (or whatever name you call it) Copyright 2018, {author and/or company name}

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
I realize this is some serious post-necro, but I was inspired by the Starter Set Kickstarter to go through all the old posts related to WOIN and see if I had missed anything interesting in the past before I got into WOIN. In doing so, I came across this old post. Me and one of my players created the attached MS-Excel character sheet for NOW. I'm currently only allowing humans in my game, so I currently don't have the other heritages represented in it, but I thought it would still be worth sharing the sheet here. Provided as is, with no guarantees or promises of being error-free. Feel free to use and modify to suit your needs. We copied the Careers, Skills, Traits, and Universal Exploits from the WRRD a few years ago.

Attachments

• WOIN-NOW-character-sheet-autocalculating_v7-3-shared.xlsx
    124.6 KB · Views: 68

Remove ads