• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOIN N.E.W. Space Opera [OOC]...

tglassy

Adventurer
Never saw Babylon 5, buy I can look that up if you like.

Probably going with a Star Knight focusing on Telekinesis and swordplay. I’ll take another look at it tonight and decide between Venetian and Human for my race.

GreenKarl

First Post
Never saw Babylon 5, buy I can look that up if you like.

Oh you poor thing!!! Haha kidding BUT really Babylon 5 was one of the better scifi that have been on TV (at least IMO). Its not important at all that you know anything about them. Just that other people in this setting treat the Star Knights as weirdos. They are not seen like the Jedi in Star Wars unless you think Han Sole and "Hookie Religions"

For Babylon 5, the first season was rough as the worked out the chinks but it got lots batter. The basic premise is that the was a war between Humans and the Minbari, humanoids that are more advanced then humans. Due to a misunderstanding on their first encounter the Minbari set out on a genocidal war with the Humans, smashing their way through the Earth colonies and make it all the way to the Sol system (having lost like one battle against Humans, and that was through trickery) and on the eve of the bombardment of Earth itself surrender to the Humans. They don't explain why until the 2 or 3 season but the Humans decide to create a giant space station in neutral space to avoid such as this again and create the Babylon project to act as a diplomatic center for all the races. There is one race even more advanced then the Minbari called the Vorlon also come to establish diplomatic presence but are very mysterious and closed off. No one really knows why they have come as they don't trade with anyone and no ships ever venture into their space. It is later revealed (started in the 2nd season) that they are waiting for the return of some ancient enemy know only as the Shadows. The Rangers don't come until even later (3rd or 4th season) and they are Human and Minbari recruits who train in various ancient combat techniques and acts as spies against the Shadows.

Anyway great show :D

tglassy

Adventurer
Sounds awesome.

Thinking I’m going to go specialized and take the Talented Origin, then Star Knight all the way. I really like the Psi Cop, though, so I might sneak some of that in. Not sure. I’ll think about it.

Shayuri

First Post
Babylon 5 was cheesy as hell, but eventually sprouted an interesting storyline.

I'm thinking of an android who was essentially 'stolen' by space pirates before activation, and used as labor on their ship for awhile...before going rogue, turning them in, and becoming a bounty hunter.

Still not 100% on careers, but probably some combination of Pilot, Space Jockey, Engineer and Bounty Hunter...though Miner keeps looking at me with that Darksight exploit and wagging its tail...

Shayuri

First Post
Hm one question I have:

There are rules for organic characters to obtain cybernetic upgrades, with limits. There are no rules presented for androids making upgrades to their robot bodies. Can they use 'cybernetics' as well? Do they have the same limits?

Also, more rolls: career ages!

Service Droid [roll0] years.
Space Jockey [roll1] years.
Engineer [roll2] years.
Pilot [roll3] years.
Bounty Hunter [roll4] years.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm I have not seen anything about that either. Until we can find something assume that you can have cybernetic upgrades and the limit is fairly high...

Remove ads